Mainely Subarus and Double Plus Racing - NEFR 2010

ReZPunK

big thanks to Mainely Subarus for sponsoring Kevin Turner and Myself for this years running of the New England Forest Rally!

also would like to thank our other sponsors for this event, Lance McMaster aka Mr Poon from Mac-Lin Medical, Peter Robbins from Bohemian Coffee House and Gelateria!

this was the Teams 3rd rally ever and our first time running NEFR. what can i say... WOW! Fast, rough, rocky, dusty, fast...fast.....dusty....

Fridays Mexico Rally saw us sitting well after the first 4 stages, 3rd i think...until we fell off pace on Stage 5 and lost nearly 35 seconds to others in our class.

we made up for it on Concord Pond where we ran as fast as we possibly could, Kevin was spot on with the driving and the delivery of notes was spot on. we ran a time of 5:57 for our first ever run on the stage. not bad for a FWD 2.2L impreza.

Saturday stages were incredibly fast, the first two stages saw us top out 5th gear in the rally car our best guess is just about 100mph with the current gearing. and the day just got intense from there. the morning fast stages were followed up by a running of a long rough fast 16 mile stage deep in the woods. these two stages ended the race of 9 or 10 teams due to punctures, flats, stuffs, offs and other mechanical gremlins.

having made it through those two stages unscathed, we knew we had to just run our race and drive it to bring it home. the last two stages were just as intense and rough, a handful of teams also didnt make it out of the last 2 stages. we managed to bring it out of the woods without a flat or other issues! not to say we didnt hit anything...we took a VERY hard hit on the right front, i think that strut will need a rebuild before the next event.

they tell us novices, our goal is to finish, and they also told us those who finish at Maine usually finish well.

this held true for us on Saturday, as Kevin and I took 2nd place in Group 2 on the Saturday event!!!

Thanks to WRX Nate, Carter and the rest of the Mainely Subarus Staff for your support! Thanks to all those from MS who came out to see us and cheer us on.

thank you

If you have any pics of us in the Yellow and white Impreza please post them here for all to see!

ReZPunK

hIMG_2754.jpg

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
I saw u guys still running on middledam at the end. I was very impreesed to see u guys still going long after many highdollar teams were gone. Good job to you both I drove many of the stages friday and was quite surprised at how rough many were. Even saw volunteer vehicles coming out with flat tires.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
Its green outback like on my sig. Have a couple hella 500s on front. It does appear flat the paints had it.

ReZPunK

lol it was raining like hell when we laid them down and we were trying to keep it as dry as possible. i imagine it came off when the crew was washing windows on friday.

inski

It was great to watch you guys move up throughout the rally. Impressive! I think I got you on video near the end/beginning of the Fish Pond stages.

Latest posts

Back