March 11th- SCCNH Rallycross

RallyK

SCCNH%20flyer.jpg

Rightseat

Hey K--

sounds like a blast...any chance of co-driving in a certain not-blue Impreza? >
default_biggrin.png

I'd bring a set of rally snows to the picnic, and/or tractionized ice tires that would meet "street legal" definition.

Nigel P

KTurner

Also, wasn't NER trying to run an event here again and having issues with keeping the costs down? $40 is about par. Are there inter rallyx politics that I don't know about (most likely since I am not on any organizing committee)?

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
Who knows... Sounds like fun.. but the whole "no prepared" cars is kind of a drag..

Rightseat

dood!

like, read the rulez, dood

s'not "no prepared cars"

it's "no purpose-built race cars"

if it's registered and insured (and not a logbooked rally car) , it's OK by them

ReZPunK

sounds like some politics going on...but who cares, seat time is seat time. too bad i wont be able to race. i wont have the extra cabbage to buy a new helmet between now and then. mines not 2000 rated.

and why wont they honor an SCCA membership?

im confused on the street legal part.

could someone elaborate on the purpose built?

ReZDoG

I'm not ReZPunk
dood!

like, read the rulez, dood

s'not "no prepared cars"

it's "no purpose-built race cars"

if it's registered and insured (and not a logbooked rally car) , it's OK by them
But Kevin' point is he has a trailered car he rallyx's that isn't registered, or insured. as do I (if it was running) even tho it has everything that it required, meaning exhaust and such, I wouldnt be able to race my saturn.

RallyK

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( x eleventy billion. I miss my car.... :'( :'(
I told you you could come to the event and drive it. Are you available that weekend? It's not far for you.

RallyK

Hey K--

sounds like a blast...any chance of co-driving in a certain not-blue Impreza? >
default_biggrin.png

I'd bring a set of rally snows to the picnic, and/or tractionized ice tires that would meet "street legal" definition.

Nigel P
Pretty sure you don't need a co-driver for this event, Dave. But if you need some ballast I will co-drive for you anyday.
default_biggrin.png

katnip

the car is black. I swear
sccnh is an autocross, hillclimb club. this is their first rallycross event. Not sure of the reasoning behind no rally cars, other than they are afraid they'll get the hats handed to them
default_biggrin.png
j/k if you really want to go, email the organizer and explain what you have for a rig and see if they will allow it. It may be that there is no sanctioning body involved, thus the need to have individual insurance. you won't know, unless you ask!

k

ReZPunK

upon emailing the fellas in charge, street legal DOT approved tires only.

tractionizing is a no no

rally snow/ice tires are a no no

car has to be registered, and purpose built means anything that makes it a "race car"

so my integra is out.
default_smile.png

i am probably not going then. too bad, i love the poohs corner location.

katnip

anyone who has a gutted or partially gutted car, should check with the organizers ahead of time. From the sounds of things rallyk's car may not pass muster. my car is purpose built, it is built to rallycross, DMS, sways, chip, pullyes, etc., but it is my daily driver and registered, would I be able to race it at this wintercross? don't know, just make sure you check before registering.

why is the integra out, Rob? what have you done to it that they won't allow.

k

R

redlinerally

He's gutted it, rolled caged it, 5 point harnesses, etc. Also, I don't think it is registered?

ReZPunK

no cage, but it is gutted, ABS disabled permanently, oem seat belts gone oem seats gone, lifted it a tad, modified exhaust, engine mods,

basically not street legal.

it is legally registered and insured. but has no inspection sticker. hence not legal to drive on the roads.

katnip

no cage, but it is gutted, ABS disabled permanently, oem seat belts gone oem seats gone, lifted it a tad, modified exhaust, engine mods,

basically not street legal.

it is legally registered and insured. but has no inspection sticker. hence not legal to drive on the roads.
guess I didn't notice all the stuff you'd done to it! my bad

Latest posts

Back