Marvel's Mystery Oil?

Evil Jeff

After doing an oil change on the wagon this past weekend, figured I'd get STM's opinion on the stuff. I've been putting a bit in with every oil change for quite a few years now. I started with the XT6, putting in a quart and topping off with Valvoline MaxLife. Within a couple day, I noticed a difference, it was a bit smoother and the power came sooner. When I got the SVX, I started using a 1/2qt of Marvel's and finishing off with Mobil 1, and have kept doing it with the WRX, just with Mobil 1 Extended Life now.

So, what are STM's thoughts, opinions, concerns, etc... on Marvel's?

R

redlinerally

MMO does really well for high mileage or high-wear engines. I ran it in the oil for my '83 RX7 for the 3 years I owned it. I also, on occassion, put it in the gas tank as well. I certainly noticed that the carb was getting cleaner as time went by!

I would say to keep using it. Especially if you notice gunk/grime buildup starting to happen. It's similar to ATF, in that it actually contains a detergent which helps maintain a clean surface...

Evan

that stuffs good for everything. you can get it in spray form and spray it into spark plug holes when storing a motor or when trying to test for bad rings.

inski

I use MMO Air tool oil in my air tools. Good stuff. They say the detergent in the MMO sauce helps loosen any stuck rings, gets the crap out of the ring landings so they can do their thing correctly.

Latest posts

Back