May NER rallyx

katnip

the car is black. I swear
The May rallycross will be SUNDAY, May 20 at the Waterford Speed Bowl, Waterford, CT http://www.speedbowl.com/

entry form to be up later today. the 20th is less than two weeks away, get your entries in asap and yes walk ins will be allowed.

k

Ty Ty

Wow...short notice. Hopefully I'll have that day off, or can switch with someone. I put in my two weeks notice, but this is really close.

katnip

I know it's short notice guys, but the site we had lined up just hasn't dried out, and we waited a smudge too long to do something else. Sorry!

Hope to see some of you there!

kat

Ty Ty

So what kinda of terrain are we looking at? It is a grassy infield or dirt parking lot or...something else?

Just seeing if I should buy the new evil tires I have planned, or if I wont need them.

katnip

So what kinda of terrain are we looking at? It is a grassy infield or dirt parking lot or...something else?

Just seeing if I should buy the new evil tires I have planned, or if I wont need them.
I am checking the conditions and will report back.

katnip

From Chris Regan, who found the site:

"It's a dirt lot. There are sections of old, old pavement that we will be working around. Some rocks. Nothing bigger than a baseball.

The top surface is sandy. I've been told it's pretty hard underneath so I'm hoping we don't dig much.

It's hard to judge without racing on it but I would say at the worst, it will be like Belmont but not as soft so we won't dig in as much."

katnip

All,

Here are the details on the Waterford RallyCross on Sunday, May 20.

1. The mail-in registration cutoff is Monday, May 14. I know that's not much time so get them in the mail as soon as possible. Directions and the entry form are here: http://www.ner.org/rally/rx/07/index.htm#sugar

The entry fee is only $40 for members.

2. Sound. We WILL be enforcing our sound level rules at this event. Local laws prohibit racing engines before noon. I know there are some regular competitors with very noisy cars. Throw a muffler in there or something or else you won't be allowed to race. The track has to look out for itself and its neighbors and they won't tolerate any exceptions.

3. Food. Bring your own food or there will be a hotdog/hamburger cart onsite where you can purchase food and drinks. There is a Dunkin' Donuts 1/2mi south of I-395. The nearest fast food is a few miles away.

That's it. It's less than 2 weeks away so get those entries mailed today!

katnip

we are veering from our usual race day timeline due to some town ordinances

We will be starting a bit later than usual this Sunday. First car off will

be at 10 instead of 9. The schedule is as follows:

8:00-9:30 AM

ReZPunK

well....have fun fellas...wish i could make it..

EMCC graduation this weekend and i was informed if i wanted cash and prizes i had to march. and i fully expect to drunk when i wake up Sunday morning...or..afternoon.
default_biggrin.png

have fun. looks like a nice place..too. i also have to go check on 2 more locations for possible rallycrosses.

i have scouted for years trying to find places...one of these days its going to pay off. i know scott is probably tired of getting lists of places to contact from me ;D

Ty Ty

Well...I meant to fab up some black mudflaps that were a little lower to the ground, and looked a little better on the Jeep...but it rained every day I had free time...so ya'll can laugh at the silly blue flaps Sunday...hehe.

And yes, the car behind it has gravel tires for feet.

503584025_3d8e07cb58_o.jpg

Ty Ty

I'm home, hehe. Uploading pictures now, some are not so good...my dad wanted to come watch, so I toted him along and gave him the camera. He doesn't take pictures very often.

Latest posts

Back