most effective way to lift your subaru

i-wagon

Now would it be bad to use 2 1/2" spacers instead of 1 1" aluminum? I already have saggy butt spacers and want more lift but have minimal cash

HR radness

His royal radness
So would it be easier then to lift an outback more with strut spacers and springs since they already have a 1" body lift?

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
The crossmember spacers that I had at one point out of an Outback were aluminum, that's why I said it.

Using 2, 1/2" spacers stacked is fine, just make sure everything is tight.

And yes, lifting an Outback is an optimal way to lift a Subaru and not have issues with cv axle angle.

SUBARUDE

wheres the fun in lifting a outback rad we need a challenge every once and a while hehe

and jason I believe you just all I have seen so far are steel ones

4WRXter

Skier!
Now would it be bad to use 2 1/2" spacers instead of 1 1" aluminum? I already have saggy butt spacers and want more lift but have minimal cash

I put (2) 1/2" spacers on the rear of my WRX. I didn't think 1/2" lifted the sag enough. As you say, cheaper than the 1" aluminium spacers.

I'm trying to organize the time to get some Forester susp. to install

rallyimp

I've also been contemplating a lift for my wrx waft planning on going the forester suspension route but it seems I'd also need to get the longer trailing arms from a legacy outback to get the proper alignment in the rear anyone know if this is true our can I use the trailing arm bracket from the forester?

IBratmanI

I've also been contemplating a lift for my wrx waft planning on going the forester suspension route but it seems I'd also need to get the longer trailing arms from a legacy outback to get the proper alignment in the rear anyone know if this is true our can I use the trailing arm bracket from the forester?
All you need is the bracket from the Outback or Forester.

i-wagon

Just got looking on paranoid fabrications site, plastic 1" spacers are $55 front or rear, for a total of 110 before shipping. I'll be going that route when I sell my bicycle

IBratmanI

Oh, I thought the fronts were fine it just really needed the trailing arm bracket in the rear?

SUBARUDE

the front of his has two tophats welded together to make up the diff. the the rake was a bit much it looked like a drag car lol

SUBARUDE

another thing that needs to be changed when installing the outback body lift the steering column the outback is 1.5" shorter then the regular legacy one

Last edited by a moderator:

SUBARUDE

chnaged the column and rad. and now when I turn the key on the fans come on and it just turns over

every time I fix something-something else goes wrong yippie
default_tongue.png

Latest posts

Back