Motorcycle get together/ group drive?

gearsoup

So, I know this is a SUBARU board, but I was wondering if there was any interest in doing one either this spring or summer. With the warm weather we are having, I'm starting to get tempted..... ; >
default_tongue.png

Who here has a bike, or plans on getting one this year?

2007 Kawasaki KLR650

075.jpg

Jimbo

Yeah - I know. I've heard it all. Strangely, when I'm getting ~100 mpg (it's a fuel-injected 4-stroke...tracked mileage religiously last summer), it's hard to hear people talk smack. ;D

Apollyon12

It would be even harder to hear smack from underneath a truck ^-^

What's the displacement? The step-throughs that are 650cc are the only ones that I would consider (but not for me, the wife).

I'd get in on any ride that I can.

'76 KZ Bobber

Jimbo

50cc. 0-42mph in ~15 secs with ~275lbs of james.c.obrien on it, better acceleration when my skinny friends ride her.

Jimbo

Don't knock it until you've tried it. All I'm going to say. Applicable to both scooters AND fat chicks.

gearsoup

any thoughts on how far we should ride? Carl, how does that seat feel after 100 miles?

I was thinking perhaps taking the same route we used on that group drive last year. Out to Fryeburg, Bear Notch Road.....

I am new to bikes, so I'm not going to be able to keep up with the more ....spirited riders.

How early in the season would you guys be interested in doing this? I know there are some on the board that have Harleys. I can't imagine they would be too interested in going out when there is still salt on the road.........

dyzfr6

my god dam dirtbike turned supermoto is good for about 150 miles, after that, it sucks something real bad. i am in when we ride, hey carl, when you do rings, i would do a new timing chain, its extra work but it might save you some day. 15 dollars worth or insurance. any rider in the saco area?

Latest posts

Back