Mount Washington Trip

Fozzy

Just got back from camping in New Hampshire and thought i'd share some pics with you guys.

These were all taken with a point and shoot camera.

Enjoy!

Sorry for the unneccesarily large pictures
default_frown.gif

9t0dbm.jpg

2jfxc9u.jpg

2lcs8c8.jpg

2ahxj61.jpg

2wnu2xj.jpg

2emo36f.jpg

3537a0g.jpg

t6ezxs.jpg

jsidik

Awesome pictures. I love that area, I've never taken the road up, but I've hiked Tuckerman Ravine in the spring and from there up Mt. Washington.

Fozzy

thanks guys!

@4WRXter- definately a huge pile of rocks! reminded me a lot of katahdin. im so glad that katahdin doesn't have an access road to the summit. i certaintly wouldn't be happy to see people at the summit that drove while i just hauled a$$ up a mountain. was a great experience though!

@jsidik- tucks is sick. i'd like to head that way someday and maybe even ski it. that would be insane!

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Glad you had a clear day which is far and few inbetween. The last time we went up the Mt it was foggy from the middle up and my wife screamed all the way. She thought we would go off the road and down the side of the Mt
default_wink.png

Apollyon12

@jsidik- tucks is sick. i'd like to head that way someday and maybe even ski it. that would be insane!

You want insane? Try sledding down. Plastic sled, pack on your back. That's a hell of a lot of fun. I have hiked up to the fishbowl a couple times. 2-3 hrs up and 1/2 hr down the ski trail. Of coarse that was before I got into snowboarding and could go across the street pay a couple bucks and ride all day at Wildcat.

topdeeni

Glad you had a clear day which is far and few inbetween. The last time we went up the Mt it was foggy from the middle up and my wife screamed all the way. She thought we would go off the road and down the side of the Mt
default_wink.png
I can fixx that forever... put her in ther passenger side of my STi (when its running) for an hour or two... she will never EVER complain about UR driving again.

We should do a group drive up there right b4 the ugly weather hits... they are AWD... Of course I am planning on my STi princessing around the garage and driving a certain RS...

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
I rode that train thing up that was pretty fun except you couldn't see your hands at the top because of the fog.

saabaru

Mount Washington is a great place, been up there a few times, but the Summit just once. Tuckermans Ravine FTW..

Nate

Founding Father
took my wrx to the top of that the first week i bought it. want to do it again.

def a nice ride.

topdeeni

I Sitll think it would B fun to have a late season meet up there, just as the weather is getting ugly... Take sum group pixx in the ugly weather.

I am bound to have a a certain RS up for the task by then....

nhmtns

that cog railway looks like some sketchy stuff.
When they were building it, workers used to ride down the rails on sleds with improvised brakes. That was banned when someone's brakes failed and they launched into oblivion at mach speed where the tracks turn.

topdeeni

When they were building it, workers used to ride down the rails on sleds with improvised brakes. That was banned when someone's brakes failed and they launched into oblivion at mach speed where the tracks turn.
that sounds like it would leave a mark.....

& I still say we do a late season group drive up there... maybe even perhaps a drive for the seasonal foliage viewing...

bigsxy

that sounds like it would leave a mark.....
& I still say we do a late season group drive up there... maybe even perhaps a drive for the seasonal foliage viewing...

that sounds like fun im down

topdeeni

that sounds like fun im down
swell... I am hoping that we do this after I have my RS made into a sand people ride as I am not sure of the status of said STi.. IT may B down for the year
default_wink.png
but I hope not...

Latest posts

Back