My 1979 BRAT

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Got some more done last night. Got the pins in the cv axles. Got the lights all in. Headlights don't work for some reason. Acts like there's a short or something. Got the door panels on. Also mocked up the XT6 seat. That'll fit pretty good, and give me lots of room to sit. Just have to fab up some mounts. Here's a few pics.

IBratmanI

Got some work done this weekend. Got the transmission mount fabricated and in place. Also installed the front valance, and a fee other small odds and ends. Hopefully paint will be on the next nice day. Still have to do something about an exhaust.

smelt240

Well, I used to think you were OK. Now you suck.   I should have that buggy. Haha.   So good to see one of these coming back to life. you're going to have the best old Suby collection around soon....

IBratmanI

Haha. Yeah its coming along slowly. Still lots to do. And it'll never be perfect, or fully back together. This will be pretty bare bones. Really need to figure out what do to do about exhaust.

smelt240

EXHAUST???? Lost cause. Too much work to be financially feasible. Give it to me, and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Or go to a place like 1st choice in Lewiston and spend $150 on a manifold back custom job.     Whichever makes you able to sleep at night

IBratmanI

EXHAUST???? Lost cause. Too much work to be financially feasible. Give it to me, and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Or go to a place like 1st choice in Lewiston and spend $150 on a manifold back custom job.     Whichever makes you able to sleep at night
Trick is, getting it there!

smelt240

If you have a manifold and a flange pipe of any sort, you should be able to rig a muffler up enough to get it somewhere. Ive ran a lot of cars on a wired on 2' exhaust system to be able to drive them somewhere to work on stuff I couldn't do at home.

Or you could just let me have it.   But you would need to drive it over here, so go ahead and fix the exhaust first.

IBratmanI

Lol. Yeah I can rig up a muffler. But there's an exhaust stud broken off in the flange on the head. So it leaks pretty bad there too. I'm gonna need someone with torches to heat it up enough to get it out. I was hoping wherever I take it can handle that as well.

flat4awd

Owl's Auto JDM
Glad to see things are working out Jay. That Brat's going to be a lot of fun for you this summer!

IBratmanI

Glad to see things are working out Jay. That Brat's going to be a lot of fun for you this summer!
Thanks Rick. We'll see if it's on the road this year or not. It's technically all legal, but until I get a few mechanical things done to it, it's going to sit. I'll keep picking away at it though.

skipow

man that thing looks awesome, makes me want to get my brat back on the road.

ayottes has 3 brats in the yard, two second gen and one first gen. theyre all pretty crispy except for the 86 brat in there.

Latest posts

Back