My 2011 STI

Boostin11STI

Bright yellow GTO with shouty exhaust not inconspicuous?
default_smile.png
Or STI with gold wheels, exhaust, huge wing, hood scoop, and swollen fenders? Lets put it this way, I wouldn't be stalking anyone in my cars. Not successfully anyway.

cwiggin

Neither of them are sneaky lol, that gto though sounds awesome and that yellow sticks out like a sore thumb, is spot that before the sti lol

Boostin11STI

Thank you! I like the gold so much I think next year I'll have the stock Enkei's, which I use for my winter setup, powder coated bronze.

Boostin11STI

Got a set of Subaru OEM rain guards. I'm the type that likes to drive with my windows down at least a little year round, whether it's raining or snowing, etc. I also wanted something that didn't look out of place or too gaudy, these fit the bill. Install was easy, they look great, and seem pretty sturdy.

i-wagon

The oe ones do look sharp, especially on the black. I'd only seen them on my buddy's wrb widebody. Looks sharp man

Boostin11STI

Testing out the GoPro on the STI. Will be ordering the COBB downpipe probably tomorrow, so figured I'd better do a video of just the cat-back now.

Boostin11STI

FMIC out of the way.

So that's what my turbo looks like. And look at all that room minus the top mount! One more reason for me to go FMIC.

Just what I like to see, clean uncorroded turbo bolts. Unlike the bolts on the DP to cat-back which needed the MAPP torch.

I think it's time for a pizza break now.
default_smile.png

Boostin11STI

Nope, no difference there.

DP Installed

Heat shield installed, TMIC back on.

Impressions? Obviously a bit more sound and a little deeper tone. Power is more obvious in the mid to upper RPMs, the car just doesn't slow up at all! Everything looks good with the OTS stage 2, keeping an eye on boost as it only tapers to about 17 PSI by redline, max boost is within the 18.5 + or - 1 PSI window, no fuel cut or knock. I have the LWG map ready to go just in case it decides to boost creep with colder temps. Can't wait to get to Bren now! Oh yeah, and praying for 93 octane to come to my area.

Boostin11STI

Ugh, I don't even want to hear it. LOL I just figure if I'm going to have Bren write a tune for my car next year it might as well be for 93 oct. But I need a gas station or two in my area, no use if I have to drive 20+ miles out of my way to fuel up a couple times a week. I wish the Shell station at Trap Corner would switch, or someplace in S. Paris / Oxford.

Latest posts

Back