My 99 RS

jeffcrider

These were taken after driving down a nice muddy dirt road.

So far i have only a cone airfilter for performace upgrades... and well it didnt do a hole lot maybe 5hp is my guess. oh and i did a home made ground wire kit that seemed to actually work i had my doubts about it but, i notice a differance. maybe not much faster really but it seemed to run smother, deffinatly worth the 10 bucks i spent on it.

ok enought babbleing heres the pics

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Evil Jeff

Still just as sweet as the last time I saw it, and I'm still jealous. And it's far, far better than the anal Probe. Now I feel so bad about making fun of it.
default_redface.gif

Now, you just need some pics of it with the bro-in-law's car. ;D

Weren't we supposed to line up sometime, too?
default_wink.png

jeffcrider

yeah i have some pics of his and mine together... somewhere, when i find them ill post them

and yeah we lined them up a while ago. his is a little faster then mine, as it should be mine is pretty much stock and his had a brand new clutch, light flywheel, perf. exhaust, and some kind of computer chip upgrade, and some weird mod to the air intake box that i think works very well it is hard to explaine but it is cool.

btw, his is a 98 2.5rs 2dr for those who are wondering.

jeffcrider

oh i fogot to mention... that anal probe you speak of, well i lined up my Probe gt and my RS, i was in the RS and my dad was in the Probe, well i took the probe till about 60mph only becuase i lunched infront on the start and he was playing catch up. but as soon as he passed me it was over he pulled a good car length ahead of me be for we were at 80mph. it was a good race but the out come:

the probe is faster, just dosnt have the traction to take off like the RS does.

my dad said that as soon as he hit 3rd gear he knew he was goin to blow by me.

sooo this is depressing i race my brother in

jeffcrider

yeah tell me about it. i really want to get a upgreaded clutch and light flywheel, a crank pulley would be nice too

when i shift hard into second i can feel the clutch sleep a little
default_redface.gif

Evil Jeff

oh i fogot to mention... that anal probe you speak of, well i lined up my Probe gt and my RS, i was in the RS and my dad was in the Probe, well i took the probe till about 60mph only becuase i lunched infront on the start and he was playing catch up. but as soon as he passed me it was over he pulled a good car length ahead of me be for we were at 80mph. it was a good race but the out come:

the probe is faster, just dosnt have the traction to take off like the RS does.

my dad said that as soon as he hit 3rd gear he knew he was goin to blow by me.

sooo this is depressing i race my brother in

jeffcrider

yeah we should line up that would be fun, and yeah your right the probe had some goodies: clutch, exhaust, underdrive pulley, and a short throw. so yeah if i had all that stuff on the RS there may have been a differant out come.

I think i might be able to take your SVX..... at least for the first 20 feet ;D cuz your car is pretty heavy. if it was on the interstate i think it would be over for me.

anyways well just have to try and see

Evil Jeff

I think i might be able to take your SVX.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Okay, give me a minute to compose myself...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Okay, seriously, you need to stop before I piss myself. I may outweigh you, but I also outpower you by at least 75HP, and god only knows how much torque. ;D
default_redface.gif

Long live the Boxer6!
default_wink.png

Evil Jeff

Interesting grasshopper, although I'm really not too surprised at the numbers in the first link. All that means is I'll give you a small headstart before completely smoking your @$$!
default_redface.gif
Maybe I'll have to invest in a 5spd conversion, 75 shot, stage 3 ECU, and Stebro exhaust to eliminate that little headstart. ;D

I wouldn't trust the comments of those guys in that RS25.com thread, though. Most of they're comments lead me to believe that they've never so much as seen an SVX, let alone driven one, and are just making generalizations.
default_wink.png

jeffcrider

your car would be pretty awesome with a 5spd, i dont think i would stand much chance if you had one.

anyways maybe some day well be able to hang out and line them up
default_wink.png

it would be fun to find out

I'll have to video it so if i win i can post it but, if i loose the race, i just might loose the vid too :
default_wink.png

Evil Jeff

Well, since the Super Subie Bros. seem to have forgotten we exist, I'll update on they're behalf. ;D

Thomas now has some new gold rims for his blue RS. They look like the same style as the Rota Formals, but are something different. It looks quite good.

Good Jeff just got his hands on a free set of STi rims, and should be putting them on any day now. I hate him.
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back