My car was keyed, any suggestions?

Bperry41

Hey guys, as the title states my car was keyed last night by some asshat who obviously doesn't respect other people's property. So mainly I'm just trying to figure out the best route to go. Most likely I will be doing a claim for this but if there's any paint and body guys that have experience with this it would be great.

Here's the pics:

3utyvy9y.jpg

hubebeje.jpg

hymymypa.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

jojo69

Darn!
default_frown.gif
I hate people a little bit more when I see sh*t like this happen! 
default_additional_mad2.gif

I don't know about claims and how much insurance will cover, but hopefully enough for a bodyshop to fix! 

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
There are some real creeps out there. I had that happen to my outback last year. The scratches were not too deep and I was able to compond them out. Good luck !

Bperry41

There are some real creeps out there. I had that happen to my outback last year. The scratches were not too deep and I was able to compond them out. Good luck !
I think the hood may be able to buff but not the fender. The problem is I don't want just the Fender painted and brand new with the rest of the car showing is age.

AiRX

It is possible to take touch up paint and fill after your best wet sanding and buffing of it all. Take masking tape and follow the top edge and then the bottom edge of the gouge. Fill lightly, then put a little more and then another light brush. Do not pull tape and wet sand the painted spots once very dry. Remove tape and buff. Does work.

Gretsch308

I think the hood may be able to buff but not the fender. The problem is I don't want just the Fender painted and brand new with the rest of the car showing is age.

Why do you think the fender won't buff out? I can try if you want.

Matt

If its through the clear and paint it won't buff.

Insurance prob won't pay to have the entire car painted. I had this same issue with my wife's 4runner when some kid backed Into her. I'd try Eric's idea of touch up and wet sand/ buff. I'd end up doing the entire car to even it out.

Bperry41

I think the hood may be able to buff but not the fender. The problem is I don't want just the Fender painted and brand new with the rest of the car showing is age. Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

Why do you think the fender won't buff out? I can try if you want.
The most amount of pressure was applied on the fender, then the person dragged until they ended at the hood. The fender looks to be pretty deep, but I have no experience in body work so a trained eye would be better. I'd like to get it looked at tomorrow since I don't have class until 6. If it bad enough then I'll probably put the claim in tomorrow.

I did the test where you dampen a cloth and run it over the scratch and the hoods seemed to disappear

Jamey

Rule of thumb if your finger nail can get cought in it it's too deep to buff

Rule of thumb if your finger nail can get cought in it it's too deep to buff

K3rn

Hookah Master
it will cost a lot if you claim 98% of shops will replace the fender then blend the paint i had the same thing happen to my 05 LGT and i went to 9diff shops till i stopped being lazy and did the body work myself. but as everyone has said let Rob work his magic

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
usually something like this, if you claim, since it is vandalism, will be under comprehensive, so unless you have a high deductible, it shouldn't cost any more in the long run than just the deductible.

Still sucks either way

Bperry41

usually something like this, if you claim, since it is vandalism, will be under comprehensive, so unless you have a high deductible, it shouldn't cost any more in the long run than just the deductible.
Still sucks either way
Yea, I'm going to get it looked at around noon. But I'm really starting to think it going to be a claim. I have a $500 deductible so about how much would painting the hood and fender be?

I would push doing the whole front end so it doesn't look like crap

Latest posts

Back