My truck is already F'd up...

Carter

Administrator
>
default_tongue.png
Odd loud screeching noise coming from the drivers side front wheel. Caliper related maybe??

I seem to always get the shit side of the stick... >
default_tongue.png

inski

Probly crap in there. We've had a lot of snot flying around lately from the puddles to the freezing drizzle /frizzle and roads being sanded. You got the 30 day coverage right?

Carter

Administrator
50/50 for 30 days. I'm not going with that anyway. Im going to have my cousin take it apart for me.

Carter

Administrator
Diagnosis....very bad wheel bearing. It should have failed inspection yet the dealership put an inspection sticker on it anyway. I was told that I should not even be driving it because it is so loose. You should see how much play there is in the wheel.

I took it back to the dealership today and told them I wasnt paying for it. (I have a 30 day 50/50 warranty) I told them they get to keep in until its fixed and that I needed a loaner vehicle. When I told them I wasnt paying for it, they said they would see how bad it was and if need be they will have the sate police look at it. I told them not to worry as the state police will be informed either way. Something like this is dangerous and their license should be revoked. I am calling the state police now.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
the dealership won't loose their license, the mechanic that did it is the one that will get screwed :-

patsti

NitrousFed
the dealership won't loose their license, the mechanic that did it is the one that will get screwed :-
how long have you had the truck? All they gotta say is you took it off road or the pot holes caused it and its too bad... If you bought it and it wasnt doing that then you messed it up driving around town. doesn't take much. pot hole at 35+mph and there you go. not a big deal, just fix it. it wont cost much more then 100 if you diy (prob more like 30-50)

patsti

NitrousFed
They are letting me take it for a few hours tonight to have it inspected by my personal mechanic.

I hope all goes well. I probably shouldnt be worrying about a truck right now as my car is disabled and there is no prognosis. Who'd a thunk, 2008 LGT 7,992 miles and DEAD.
you had a mechanic look at it? I think if it passed their inspection and then your mechanics you def busted it driving around. sorry

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
how long have you had the truck? All they gotta say is you took it off road or the pot holes caused it and its too bad... If you bought it and it wasnt doing that then you messed it up driving around town. doesn't take much. pot hole at 35+mph and there you go. not a big deal, just fix it. it wont cost much more then 100 if you diy (prob more like 30-50)
I don't know how he could have busted a wheel bearing driving around. I have been running the same wheel bearings in the yota for the past 4 years doing sweep at Maine Forest rally, Tim Oneil's, and Maine Winter Rally's any one of those is far rougher than anything you have on a daily drive, and I have 175k on the factory bearings

Carter

Administrator
I've only driven the truck 4 times, one of which was a test to find the problem with my dad. I did not do this damage. I cant believe a wheel bearing got this bad even if I were to hit 10 pot holes. I've had the truck for a week. I do not go off roading. And my mechanic (my cousin) didnt check that out, I was more concerned about the tranny since the fluid was slightly burnt, and we checked for rust. Wheel bearings were the least of my worries. I shouldnt be making excuses, I know I should have had the truck checked out 100% but I didnt.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I've only driven the truck 4 times, one of which was a test to find the problem with my dad. I did not do this damage. I cant believe a wheel bearing got this bad even if I were to hit 10 pot holes. I've had the truck for a week. I do not go off roading. And my mechanic (my cousin) didnt check that out, I was more concerned about the tranny since the fluid was slightly burnt, and we checked for rust. Wheel bearings were the least of my worries. I shouldnt be making excuses, I know I should have had the truck checked out 100% but I didnt.
unless there was something way extreme, you didn't do the wheel bearing thing. Hell last year we hit a baby head sized rock at 50mph at NEFR. no bearing problems (only a slight tweak to the alignment)

S

shorty2

I'm sure the tech just missed it. They'll fix it up. It's just the guy at the desk just didn't like being flipped out on. The first reaction is defense. It's a sticker item, they have to fix it. that's the law. You would have gotten a different reaction if you didn't freak out on the guy.

The poor bastid at the desk:

a) didn't sell it to you

default_frown.gif
didn't put the sticker on it

C) doesn't know if your mechanic knows crap.

Don't flip out on him until they have a chance to look at it.

Can you tell I've been working the service desk this week? I've got some stories to tell...

Carter

Administrator
Lol but this IS the guy that sold it to me. I haven't talked to the service dept yet. Well except 3 days ago when I explained I was hearing a bad noise. I told the service dept I would get back to them after I checked it out on my own. I'm sure if I went straight to the dealer service dept they would have tried to make me pay for it. I'm not paying for something that failed inspection..

SUBARUDE

if you bought it from a dealer you and there was no as is in the sale then you have either a 60 or 90 day war. on any inspection item it says that on the window sticker

S

shorty2

Well, it'd be just plain dumb if they argue with you about it. If you bought it with a sticker, they are stuck.

Carter

Administrator
They fixed it no charge, Honda guys screwed up. Now I have to focus on getting a key. 2 weeks and no second key. I Might hold the ugly white Outback hostage! They will need the truck to get a key since it has a stupid chip :
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back