NASIOC in the news... and not in a good way

scubiecraig

So I was just watching Good Morning America and they were talking about a story in California where a NAVY pilot killed himself, another pilot, and the pilots sister. NASIOC was actually shown on the show. They were scrolling through the pages and quoting posts that this guy put on the forums. It basically stated that he was lonely, his life was horrible etc despite being a high class NAVY pilot. NASIOC members seemed to try to reach out and help, or offer suggestions, but this ended up going down around New Year's. (Just hitting the news now). I haven't been over to NASIOC to try and find the thread, but chances are it's been taken down by now? Who knows. Anyways, here's the link to the story.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-navy-pilots-among-those-killed-murder-suicide-001737290.html

Crazy!

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Suicide prevention and awareness is extremely important for military members. I actually have to train annually for it and mine happens to be this weekend.

scubiecraig

I can't imagine any other job in the world that could be as stressful as an active duty member. I have the utmost respect for them, and if I am hearing you correctly, you serve. So, thank you for that. My Father was in Vietnam, as well as my Grandfather. I almost went into the military, but some snafu's held that up, and I took it as my calling as a "sign" not to do it.

This was just a sad story. I hate to see things end like that.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
As always please don't take the media snippets as fact. Those posts were months and sometimes years apart. He was a nice guy when I dealt with him. And that quack shrink is a bonehead.

GClark

Prod was made fun of often by most Otters members, some are pretty shaken up by this since they believe they helped instigate this, or at the least, didn't help. One of my friends in real life, Dave(Tweeter in OT), met Prod on several occasions, said he was a very nice guy, too bad it had to end this way. The only positive out of this?

This made it in the news

default_additional_sillylol.gif

IAg5G.png

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I was watching the news with my wife when that came on. I was laughing so hard I had tears. I had to find it on the interwebs because she thought I had lost it.

Latest posts

Back