NE Climbers?!

NWScoobClimber

Do we have any North East climbers here? I'm a pretty avid rock climber and would love to meet up with some people who share the same passion. Let me know! I'm pretty strong in the bouldering area and started sport climbing and trad. Ofcourse climbing outdoors would happen in the spring/summer. This is just a feeler!

Cheers!

Ty

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Do we have any North East climbers here? I'm a pretty avid rock climber and would love to meet up with some people who share the same passion. Let me know! I'm pretty strong in the bouldering area and started sport climbing and trad. Ofcourse climbing outdoors would happen in the spring/summer. This is just a feeler!

Cheers!

Ty
you are lookin at indoor climbing until APril anyway. unless you like snow or ice climbing....then there are all sorts of options.

not climbing much as I used to, especially since I took up a certain other "helmet sport" of ridin around in silly rally cars.......

NWScoobClimber

you are lookin at indoor climbing until APril anyway. unless you like snow or ice climbing....then there are all sorts of options.

not climbing much as I used to, especially since I took up a certain other "helmet sport" of ridin around in silly rally cars.......
Silly rally car drivers
default_biggrin.png
! Yah currently i'm still in the NW but almost able to climb outside year around here. Chances are i'm usually in the gym. I've climbed at the portland rock gym on my frequent visits home and scouted a few spots last summer and set up a top rope. I've never climbed on ice, but am dying to do it!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Ice climbing is a blast!! I've done it twice.

I don't do much rock climbing, but I do a TON of hiking in the summer.

inski

I use to climb. Did all kinds of stuff in the military including lead climbing, free, and ice. Pretty much hated ice climbing. I'm too old and crusty now but I can be found browsing the new stuff at EMS once in awhile. Knees are shot I can barely do stairs these days. Still pretty good at belaying.
default_rolleyes.gif

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
A mainely group hike would be awesome!! We could have a cruise and a hike in one day.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
been climbing rock snow ice boulders mtns and whatever since 1972. white mts, maine crags, new zealand, yosemite, tetons, zion canyon, red rocks, katahdin, garden o gods, dolomites, alps, ben nevis scotland you name it.

garrgh, no wonder my knees hurt now!

when you get here, can at least aim u in right direction....and promise not to drop u on belay!

one thing clear....wil NOT climb in teh gym, thass not proper climbin.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I've climbed in Norway, Iceland, Costa rica, all over the US, all the big Maine mountains, New Zealand, Australia... Umm. lotsa places.

NWScoobClimber

Climbing abroad is one thing ive wanted to do for quite some time. So needless to say i'm jealous!! I'll be going to Okanawa Japan at the end of this summer. So i'll be talking to locals about deep water soloing.

Nigel - Yosemite.... is epic.

Chris - Lets make a drive + hike happen! That would be amazing.

Inski - I know what your talking about. The military is one reason i started mountaineering and climbing. I had the chance to do winter warfare training while stationed in Colorado.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Drive + hike would be epic. We should definitely trow that together this summer. There are some wonderful places to hike around.

NWScoobClimber

Then its settled! we will make a drive and hike this summer. I think that would be a great thing to do! I suppose its time to start thinking of what area and what hike would be feasible for everyone.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I like mount blue state park... but those hikes are a little hard for some people.

Ray

The Northernah'
I was going to suggest Tumbledown in Weld, multiple trails all of different skill levels. I live right by it and hike that and mount blue a lot!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I was going to suggest Tumbledown in Weld, multiple trails all of different skill levels. I live right by it and hike that and mount blue a lot!
Tumbledown is nice too!

I've only been to mount blue once, my friend and I always take at least one camping/hiking trip a summer and are thinking about going there this summer.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
<br />I've climbed in Norway, Iceland, Costa rica, all over the US, all the big Maine mountains, New Zealand, Australia... Umm. lotsa places.<br />
<br /><br /><br />
a-HA! now I undrstand why when u went nto the ditch sideways at the MS Benson Memorial Dirt Drive u were not fazed in the least....

NWScoobClimber

Tumbledown is nice too!

I've only been to mount blue once, my friend and I always take at least one camping/hiking trip a summer and are thinking about going there this summer.
I've never been to either of those places. So it all sounds wonderful to me! What would be a good starting point for the ride? Some people are coming from midcoast (like me).

Latest posts

Back