Need DS caliper for 97 OBS- soon!

smelt240

I think my caliper exploded.  haven't taken it apart yet, but it was acting funny, then locked up hard. Now almost no pedal, and the right side is grinding and locking up. Guess the pads were gone more than I thought.   Stupid winter car, doesn't it know it should have made it all winter? If anyone has one laying around, id be interested.

smelt240

I might need them....   I lost all brakes Friday after it locked up in an intersection, then the pad fell out of the PS as well, drove to oreillys, bought pads, got calipers from the junkyard J.I.C., they were the wrong ones.   Reused one pad, couldn't get the PS caliper to compress all the way, so out came the angle grinder, and machined down one of the new pads til it would squeak in there. Bleeders are frozen as well, but I now have working front brakes very temporarily I would guess.  According to the junkyard bible, the 98 legacy single pistons would fit. nope.   1/4"  makes a world of difference.  If I can get down that way, it would be in the evening, and Ill probably drive the WRX.... seems a bit safer in that area...  PM me your number  and we'll figure it out.  

Latest posts

Back