Need RS strut help

inski

I currently have blown AGXs on my car and eventually (if money permits) I'll be putting new struts on.

Z127.JPG

I probably wont use Konis because I dont want to frig with inserts

The AGXs are cool and everything but I'll never be able to afford them again. So I'm thinking KYB GR2s, but I was wondering if there is another choice for older RS struts? Tokico? Anyone ever use those? Anything else? Anything that can withstand an occasional auto-x, not many, and everyday traffic. Eventually I'll be chucking some lowering springs on there.

R

redlinerally

Can you point out the strut in the picture above? I can't find it.

inski

I'm trying to find out if there is anything else available other than KYB stuff.

I'll most likely get gr2s because the price is good (affordable). Just picking peoples brains to see what is out there besides Monroe, KYB, and Subaru, for struts that are less than $100 each, or near $100 each.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
If you had the stock struts kicking around (or could snag some blown units from work) get the Koni sport inserts. they involve some cutting and such. but they sound like an awesome setup.

internalcombust

Koni inserts are big money, much more than 100 per strut. They would rock though! Have you checked out the tokico blues? Egay has them pretty cheap. I don't know anything about them, just a suggestion.

akinaspeedstar

two questions, are the AGX's infinatly adjustable? or do they have like clicks 1-6 or something?

and kyb gr-2's have a life time warranty? what about stock ones? haha

Evan

mmmm.....yeah.

i have nothing technical to contribute, but i felt compelled to be here.

as you were...

Rightseat

AGX fronts have 4 clicks

rears have 8

bump adjustable only, not rebound

even so, with nice springs they are awesome setup for street/rallyx/autox-mobiles...and are hard to bust. know this for a fact.
default_frown.gif

nice to dial down the bump when the roads suck, and to dial it up when you ready to do bidnezz wid de road or frolic in the dirt

stainless

how about getting gr2's for the front and agx's for the rear to help dial in the under-steer a bit at limit?

you can buy them separate on tire rack last time i checked about a year ago...

-note: i am not known for having good ideas...

akinaspeedstar

ive heard that the AGX's go fast. the back of my car seems to be sagging, so im debating on swapping gr2's when i do my prodrive swap

Latest posts

Back