Need some help!!

iahtnoob

anyone near portland that has a torch and can heat a broken bolt out? Have a broken bolt that can't be extracted using an ez out. Please let me know.

diabloadsit

wow dude the same thing happend to me. So what did you use to get the bolt out? I have an EZ set. I have the beefy set so hope they will work for me. Let me know what you did to get it out.

iahtnoob

Is it one of your caliper bolts? If you can remove it then heat that sucka up and proceed to remove with vice grips.

diabloadsit

cannt remove it. She broke while still in the caliper and hub where caliper connects. If I could get the caliper off then do it the job would be cake.

inski

Its common to all Subarus unfortunately. 1 out of 8 front brake jobs result in a broke or damaged caliper bracket bolt, the 17mm. Not so much on STIs. that's why we have a few bolts in stock. Just like Boon said. If you break the bolt then you can hammer the caliper bracket off, the bolt can be persuaded thru the knuckle hole, put the bracket in a vise, add heat, muckle onto it with vise grips and twist.

Boon, Glad you got it done. What did you get for brakes? I have to do mine soon. I'd like to do an upgrade but I guess it depends on my paycheck. Mine could end up being Car Quest, stock Subaru, maybe Hawk and Power Slots. Also, I'm hearing WRXs and NA Imprezas upgrading to the 05GT with good results.

i-wagon

that all sounds vaguely familiar....luckily i have access to torches. i learned to apply pb blast a day in advance and hope for the best

Latest posts

Back