need some logging help asap

07UGM_TR

hey guys wondering if someone can take a few logs of my car. it's been acting up really bad, only boosting about 5-6 lbs then slowly creeping up in boost, but it's pulling like crap no power at all even when it slowly creeps up in boost. it's tuned for 17-18 lbs and it's been almost 2 years now it's been tuned and this just started a few weeks ago, I have diconnected the negative terminal and reset the comp. and seems to fix the problem for jus a short while. also my egt gauge is running warm to just normal driving I use to see 1200-1300 around town and now it's about 1400 and then some which I know isn't right and I'm affraid to damage my motor, so I someone would be willing to help me out that would be awesome, and mb u can inform me what's wrong with it, or I am gonna post some logs up on nasioc and see what ppl think...

any help would be appriecated (sp)

-Thanks

07UGM_TR

I'm guessing just using a tactrix cable and that kinda way, I'm kinda not smart in that whole dept. but a few kids from nasioc want me to post some logs and see if they can figure out my problem

iahtnoob

i can help you this saturday, i have the cable and use romraider but i couldn't tell you the meaning of all the figures. Let me know if you can tomorrow, I live near warren ave.

07UGM_TR

alright sounds good I'll keep u posted, right now it seems to be running ok, it's hit or miss sometimes..but I'm sure it'll act up again here shortly

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
its possible the car is knocking to put it on wastegate mode. If it goes away on a reset its because you cleared the knock and now its back again. THIS IS BAD. Check for leaks, bad gas, etc. Or inadequate tuning. And be honest with yourself (what did i change in the last two years that could have caused this recently?)

What are the mods, and boost controller the car? a lot can happen in 2 years,

07UGM_TR

its possible the car is knocking to put it on wastegate mode. If it goes away on a reset its because you cleared the knock and now its back again. THIS IS BAD. Check for leaks, bad gas, etc. Or inadequate tuning. And be honest with yourself (what did i change in the last two years that could have caused this recently?)
What are the mods, and boost controller the car? a lot can happen in 2 years,
the only mods that i added and never got tuned for was just a STI TMIC, i still have the facorty BCS and no BC of any sort...

The car seems to run ok right now, pulls strong and what not but its a sparattic (sp) thing..where would i start to check for leaks boost and exhaust?

Last edited by a moderator:

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
It could be a million different variables. Give the car a once over. Then I'd suggest having it re-tuned. Learning view snapshot with a tactrix table could tell a lot.

BG @ BrenTuning

Custom Tuning ECUs
WOW, your IAM is so low and the timing is almost negative under boost. I would NOT drive that car hard. It has some major issues.

Latest posts

Back