NEFR 2014

JoshP

We're going to head up and watch a stage or 2.  Then we usually go river tubing in Bethel

injulen

Any word on when the spectator's guide will be released? I've been checking it almost daily for awhile now, I figured it'd be released way before two weeks until the event. But I don't know whats normal in past years to base my reasoning.

I will miss this years rally. Am getting married the weekend before and will be on my Honeymoon the weekend of NEFR. Tried to schedule the wedding to coordinate with the rally, unbenownst to my Fiance, but missed it by a week. Oh well. There is always next year.

JoshP

Any word on when the spectator's guide will be released? I've been checking it almost daily for awhile now, I figured it'd be released way before two weeks until the event. But I don't know whats normal in past years to base my reasoning.

Usually its out well in advance.  It's pretty straight forward tho, Friday there will be the baseball field thing in Mexico and at Sunday River.  Saturday will be all over maine and NH probably going through Errol NH.  I know some good places for Concord pond but last I knew they moved it to mid day Friday instead of friday evening which is a bummer. 

is Dan running it again?

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Usually its out well in advance.  It's pretty straight forward tho, Friday there will be the baseball field thing in Mexico and at Sunday River.  Saturday will be all over maine and NH probably going through Errol NH.  I know some good places for Concord pond but last I knew they moved it to mid day Friday instead of friday evening which is a bummer. 

is Dan running it again?
Are they actually running the Mexico super special?? I know they haven't for the past couple years...

JoshP

I cant imagine they canned that?!?  I haven't paid much attention last few years but that was one of the main things.

injulen

I almost remember seeing something about a favorite stage returning. I'll see if I can find it.

injulen

From the website, on the overview page:

http://www.newenglandforestrally.com/overview-of-nefr-2013/

"NEFR 2014

With 2014, the New England Forest Rally sees a return to the Magalloway Plantation and the “Classic” Sturtevant Pond/Fish Pond Stages. We have the best of both worlds as we also return to the smooth and twisty stages first used in last year’s event. We will be enjoying a full two days of rallying and 120 stage miles of competition. We have again been very fortunate that the major land owners are allowing us to use their forests for our pleasure and we thank them for their generosity. Please know that the advance planning of a rally of this size and scope takes a tremendous amount of effort on the part of a small number of people who have to work with many landowners, land managers, and businesses, as well as town, county and state officials. Our goal is to produce a rally that will keep the doors open for us for years to come, providing us a variety of options for stage roads and thereby allowing us to change up the rally a little each year.

Friday’s Maine Regional Rally and Day 1 of the New England Forest Rally

Friday’s Service will be at Sunday River, with cars returning there after a much earlier scheduled Concord Pond stage. Again this year, Concord Pond’s stage time had to be changed to take place earlier in the day in order to satisfy town official’s concerns about the safety of spectators and drivers. Excessive alcohol consumption by spectators has led to some serious safety issues, and it is the hope of the rally and the town that moving the stage once more to an earlier time will reduce those issues. Sunday River will once again provide buses to Concord Pond for $10 per person; however, tickets will be sold Friday morning from Sunday River’s booth at the Rally Village, and the bus will leave from there at about 10 am, returning to the village after the stage is over.

Saturday’s New Hampshire Regional Rally and Day 2 of the New England Forest Rally

Due to our careful use of the Plum Creek and Wagner Forest lands last year we have been given permission once more to conduct our rally on their land. Along with the 7 Islands Land we have “historically” used in the past, we have a fantastic second day planned for everyone. Buses will leave Sunday River early on Saturday morning to access the more southerly locations for a fee of $15 per person. The Fish Pond Spectator area that has been used for many years will again be accessible by car and will be a free entry. Free buses will be ready to take you from the Fish Pond Spectator area into the twisty turns that are the legendary parts of our event.

Of course there is a VIP Bus package available for those that don’t want to rough it quite so much.

For Your Entertainment: Rally Village, Après-Rally Activities

We are excited about the Rally Village, where you’ll find a variety of exhibits and vendors, plus there will be a number of “extracurricular” things to do throughout the weekend. Friday night will feature an Awards Ceremony with barbecue at the Rally Village for the Maine Regional Rally competitors. Saturday night we urge you to come celebrate the finish of the rally “slopeside” with a winners’ champagne spray and regional and national awards ceremony. Sunday River will host a pig roast and awards will follow.

We look forward to seeing you all at what is expected to be a really great event!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
They did Concord pond early last year as well.

understandable though as they are trying to limit people from sitting there all day drinking and causing a ruckus

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back