New 2004 2.5RS

jbskidude

Here is some pics of the life of my new 2004 2.5rs with me so far...

Finally a new car!

V188B.jpg

Clutch Job

saA0m.jpg

New "Livery"

cT96C.jpg

First Race

d9Wmp.jpg

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Looking nice!!!

But... why did you pull the transmission for a clutch job!??! It's so much easier to pull the engine when you don't have a lift...

Before someone jumps on me... I've done both. With and without a lift.

jbskidude

we have done my brothers by pulling transmission so that's how we went about this one. was a wise choice in the end. Guy we bought it from had also done a clutch less then a year ago and used wrong parts.. the reason I ended up doing it also. but during the process we found lots of important bolts missing or only finger tight. Oh and when we opened it up the throw out bearing was flopping around not event attached to the arm..

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
You have to take out all the same bolts for transmission or engine. Only difference is one way you take out the engine mount nuts, and the other way you take out the transmission crossmember bolts. You still have to separate them, etc. So all those fasteners.

Mighty Subie

nice!

and I prefer pulling the trans too. if you have enough room to work under it. and someone to help hoist it back up into place.

jbskidude

this will take the car count up to 4. 2 saabs, 95 impreza, 2004 impreza.

I LOVE it. still getting used to it and much heavier but drives pretty well once I pulled the ABS fuse. that was the key to getting it to rotate. Only thing is it's much nicer and I feel ashamed thrashing it around like I did my old impreza but I do it anyways! hehe.

Latest posts

Back