New ABS ECU from subaru america

Mr Mike

I got a letter in the mail the other day..... Subaru is offering an up graded ecu for the abs to improve initial breaking on loose or uneven surfaces!!!

I noticed that with my car (02 wrx) the abs would kick on as soon as you hit the breaks on crappy roads or even when turning into driveways. Subaru did over 11,000 tests and came up with nothing but has had enough complaints to warrent an up grade.

So far as I know this part is free as is the labor to put it in..... we'll see... but none the less, i'll be a happy camper

now if they could only offer better syncros for that nasty second to first gear down shift lol lol lol

mike

C

chris

My 02 wrx wagon had big time issues with the ABS. After two visits and a pinpoint description the service guys were able to duplicate it almost everytime. They thru in a new ABS ecu and all was good after that. That was back in 2002, before any Upgrade ECU, just a new regular ECU. I think if you're having any problems and new ECU couldn't hurt.

Our Baja used to give my wife an occasional problem. The ABS would chatter on dry pavement in the parking garage at Maine Med, not a good spot to have your ABS prevent you from stopping, lots of stuff to bang into. I think it has improved itself somehow because my wife hasn't mentioned anything about it in a long time.

Good luck Mike. I hope it works well for you.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
The 02 rex we had had that problem as well. Worst was on tarmac with winter sand on it. There was one stop on my way to work that If I carried too much speed down over the hill to the stop the abs would totally fail making the stop or lack of interesting. I noticed it more than Al. He said something about not waiting until the last second to stop. bha..blah..blah ;D

C

chris

^
default_wink.png
default_smile.png
^

brakes are way over rated.

Latest posts

Back