New England Performance Rally Regional Rally

katnip

the car is black. I swear
save the date. September 15, 2012. I still need road approvals, but I have the go ahead from New England Performance Rally to organize an RA regional rally at and around Team O'Neil.

I will keep everyone posted, but if you think you can work this event, please keep the date available and a link to volunteer sign up will be posted.

thanks, Kat

brighton

Rally Fluffer
What do the volunteers do exactly?
Here is a quick list of positions needed:

Road Marshal

A Road Marshal is assigned a junction where a side road joins the rally stage and is responsible for making sure that no unauthorized people or vehicles enter the stage at that junction. This is one of the most important positions for ensuring safe operation of the rally, while, at the same time, it is also one of the easiest positions for a novice rally volunteer to perform.

Time Control Marshal

A Time Control Marshal is assigned a position at the start or finish of each stage and notes the time that the rally competitor arrives at their position in a log and on the time card that the competitors carry with them. The competitors must pass through these stage time controls, as well as when entering or exiting the service area and at the beginning and end of each leg of the rally. There are additional specific tasks associated with the type of the time control that the marshal is assigned to. While it is ideal for an experienced rally volunteer to work these positions, the tasks that need to be performed are simple enough that a novice rally volunteer should be able to pick them up quickly.

Spectator Area Marshal

A Spectator Area Marshal is assigned one of the spectator areas along the rally stages and is responsible for making sure that the spectators viewing the rally there do not put themselves in harm’s way. Instruction will be provided concerning what constitutes safe and unsafe rally spectating. Similar to the Road Marshal, these positions are important for keeping people safe, while, at the same time, being relatively easy for a novice rally volunteer to perform.

Specialized Positions

There are a number of positions that require specific training, licensing or experience. Among these are Ham Radio Operators, Emergency Medical Technician, Vehicle Extraction and Recovery and Technical Scrutineer.

I hope this answers some of your question.

Stein

Stein
Did this totally replace NEFR, or will that still be happening in July? The letter I got made it sound like NEFR is already gone.

brighton

Rally Fluffer
Did this totally replace NEFR, or will that still be happening in July? The letter I got made it sound like NEFR is already gone.
NEFR is still happening on July 13-14 2012.

NEPR is taking the place of "TEAM O'Neil Rally"(TON) which was last ran in 2010. The NEPR is to held in and around Dalton NH and the rally school.

jaKe

>>><<<>>><<<
What letter did you get?
I got typical volunteer letter as well, basically thanking us for last year and reminding us about this year and date. And bit on Ted retiring and Tim taking over.

I should be able to volunteer in september. I am definately going to try and keep that date free.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Yeah I have gotten that same letter for the last decade +. But what made you think that NEFR was not happening?

Stein

Stein
Yeah I have gotten that same letter for the last decade +. But what made you think that NEFR was not happening?
I didn't read it super closely, but it started mentioning the existence of NEPR and I guess I assumed wrongly from that.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
NEFR still part of US National rally series, sO its 100% gonna happen. Workers get access to the event more than basic spectators so why would a rally fan not do that?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
I didn't read it super closely, but it started mentioning the existence of NEPR and I guess I assumed wrongly from that.
New England Performance Rally is the company that organizes the event, Rally America sanctions the event.

NEPR has been around for a long time. So no worries.

Latest posts

Back