New FB engine to go in N/A 2011 Forester

inski

Wait...

Omg, I can see it on the brand new engine...

Right there in the pic...

The HG is already leaking,
default_unsure.png
No silly! That was one of the main things they went after on this re-engineer. Hopefully leaky head gaskets are a thing of the past. Hopefully.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
ask owners of early Porsche 911s how great cam chains are......sure hope chain tensioners in the new FB are pressure-fed

increasing fuel efficiency is going to be more and more of a focus for automakers, so get used to it

longer stroke smaller bore means max torque moves down rev range a bit

back to good ole dohc, buh-bye buckets

another thing about the chain drive that people dont realize is that over time, they become loose and more elastic....most motorcyclists will know this with their chain driven rear wheel and have to retention every so many thousand miles....

plus, i would hate to see that snap and destroy everything in it's path....

dflwrx

Well, if the bore and stoke stay similar for the FI versions of the engine this could be a real torque monster for use through a restrictor for rally.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
another thing about the chain drive that people dont realize is that over time, they become loose and more elastic....most motorcyclists will know this with their chain driven rear wheel and have to retention every so many thousand miles....

plus, i would hate to see that snap and destroy everything in it's path....
Cams have a whole lot less tension and torque than a wheel on a motorcycle. The older Saab DOHC chain tensioners were great. and you could replace the wear parts and reset them. I doubt that it will be that good, but there is the possibility.

I am counting on inski to let us know.

SurlyOBS

I just want a t-boned forester with the turbo diesel, so I can yank the motor and stuff it in my XT
default_banana.gif
Let's go to europe and crash a pair of diesel Fozzies, it will save us a bit on shipping...

+1 TD Fozzie! I miss my chipped TDI (only a little).

diesel boxer has 258 lb-ft torque @ 1800rpm and gets 44mpg in the legacy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
Let's go to europe and crash a pair of diesel Fozzies, it will save us a bit on shipping...

+1 TD Fozzie! I miss my chipped TDI (only a little).

diesel boxer has 258 lb-ft torque @ 1800rpm and gets 44mpg in the legacy!
Wait, then why does the Impreza only get 40.5542386 mi/gal with the 2.0D? (5.8L/100km, check my conversion).

I too would like a turbo diesel Soob.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
The legacy is listed at 5.6l/100km combined which is 42mpg. it is probably tuned differently.
default_smile.png

Iboc_C64

My old Grand Am has a Timing Chain driven engine, it hit 212,000 miles before I spun a crank bearing. The timing chain was still in great condition when we took it apart.

Latest posts

Back