New (for me) Fozzy set up Q's

stainless

so I have done some looking around.

I have a 06 forester x

looks like for good upgrades to handling.

putting on a 04 sti rear 20mm swaybar and some better tires is the way to go.

any one done any upgrades to the forester?

Dont want to slam it to the ground, I go on dirt roads/winter issues.

This will be a Family transport.

I am just looking for a bit less understeer not full-on tail happy goodness.(sigh)

what else are good add-ons

Cargo mat, driving lights, Air horn, Direct injection Nitrous....

Last edited by a moderator:

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
yes on the STi rear sway. I have it and it works well. You could put swift springs on it to drop it a little, or even 06 WRX struts and springs. If you stick with the wrx springs instead of STi springs it will still sit up a little, and handle a lot better!! Taka a look at both Gabes, and my thread in the gallery for ideas!!

4WRXter

Skier!
I put an STi bar with Kartboy endlinks on ours and Swift springs. We don't really dirt it, but not afraid of snow storms. The ride is good. It actually understeers some when pushed on slippery winter roads. The car is my wife's daily driver. It is an '04 FXT.

I have a 22 or 24 mm Perrin RSB with the heavy-duty mounts I would sell for $200.

RedForester08

I'm located in Sanford. If ya would like to stop by a try my setup. Forester Swifts on stock struts. 20 mm STI bar and mounts. 04 STI lateral links.(you can now get Whiteline link support bracket kits.) Kartboy Swaybar links. 3/8 rear strut spacers. Good setup for non turbo cars. Plus a good Inski alignment.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
^^^

RedForester08 knows his stuff, I've ridden in that setup and it's fantastic... Something about autocross and beating faster cars or something....

inski

Swifts springs and a rear sway bar for the win! Excellent ride but far from jarring.

stainless

ohh,

The swaybar and endlinks/mounts would probably be first.

then new tires next spring.(winters/rims this fall)

don't have $$$ for all at once.

Thanks again for all the help.

SUBARUDE

i have 3 sti stock rear swap bars for sale right $60 a peice you should buy all 3
default_biggrin.png
haha just kidding you should be fine with just one
default_smile.png

stainless

Subardude:Sounds good. any sugestions on mounts/ endlinks.

they are 20mm right.

from what I have heard the stiffer ones need stouter mounts. but 20mm is not a big jump.

Latest posts

Back