downsized_0213112013.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 0215112006.jpg
    0215112006.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Looks good. Definitely a usable height. A little paint on the brackets will help blend it in, but function >>> form.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Yeah I will agree and say that the bracket would look much better painted. How sturdy are they??

Subydactyle

I am working on wiring them like that, but the high beams part is confusing me! Everything is wired correctly except for that. I cant figure it out.

Stein

Stein
I am working on wiring them like that, but the high beams part is confusing me! Everything is wired correctly except for that. I cant figure it out.
So wait, we're talking about wiring them to turn off with high beams?

Basically, if they receive their "on signal" from the low-beam circuit, than whenever the low beams are off, the fogs will be off, which includes turning on your high beams. Some relays have an override "off signal" that you could also wire up to the high beams.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Put a relay that gets power from the high beams. That basically turns on a switch when the high beams are on. The switch is the other side of the relay. So the two wires not being used by connecting them to high beam power, connect one to the battery. Fused of course. And the other to the lights, then they'll come on and off with the high beams.

Now if you want to get really fancy you can add a switch in the car to turn the hellas off. Off as in, they don't come on with high beams, or on, as in they do come in with high beams. I haven't done that with my setup yet just because I'm lazy and hate wiring things into the cab of my car, but it isn't that hard.

i-wagon

I had the same issue. Subaru toggles ground to turn things on instead of power, so mine can be on any time the engine is on. Joel told me how to fix it, too lazy

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Yes it is negatively switched. Constant positive to the lights and it swaps negative to change which bulb is on. Makes wiring in projectors really easy.... But anyway, it doesn't make any difference when adding a relay to the high beams to turn on the hellas.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Bingo, Negatively switched.

The hella wiring kit that comes with the 500's has the relay and switch wiring with it.

When I did mine we couldn't figure out the cars stock wiring so we ended up tapping one of the grounds durrrrr. Once it's running again I'll move it to the proper one.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Bingo, Negatively switched.

The hella wiring kit that comes with the 500's has the relay and switch wiring with it.

When I did mine we couldn't figure out the cars stock wiring so we ended up tapping one of the grounds durrrrr. Once it's running again I'll move it to the proper one.
There's only three wires to the light... Just stick a meter in the connector until you find which ones go to the high beam... There aren't that many combinations.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
There's only three wires to the light... Just stick a meter in the connector until you find which ones go to the high beam... There aren't that many combinations.
Yeah, I know. I am literally pants on head retarded when it comes to wiring.
default_additional_lolwtf.gif

Subydactyle

Yeah, i wired it to the high beams, and i could use my switch to turn on and off the high beams, but the hellas never once turned on...
default_unsure.png
Now, my head light is dim and my highs dont work... haha.

Stein

Stein
Wait, I thought fogs were meant for fog, with or without high beams (but not at other drivers whithout fog).

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
go to hella.copm and check out "wiring diagrams" doh!

alternatively, go to rallylights.com and see what they have, esp the diagram for neg switched cars like subaru

"freelancing" wiring jobs is a good way to run up a big bill as you fry stuff in the process of trying to make it all work.

500s are easy to wire, don't know what you are complaining about. esp if you use supplied harness. main thing with the simple diagram that comes with the lights is that for neg switched cars you need to reverse the pos and neg wires connex to battery, as shown in diagram. easy!

Subydactyle

Yeah, i have it all done now, and they are awesome! I wired my switch wrong... haha. All lof that work and coem to find out i just have to switch the yellow and green wires
default_cool.png

Latest posts

Back