New member in Orono

Spatty

Hey,

I'm a senior MET at umaine, I just bought an 02 wrx so I figured it'd be good to be a member of a local forum, and maybe get a chance to participate in some local subie meets (I saw last months was at the roost, pretty much across the street from my house). I also know that I'm gonna be doing some wrenching on my subie (currently gotta do timing belt, spark plugs fuel filter, and hopefully fix my CEL, already cleaned IACV and did brakes), then eventually do some mods, and buy/ sell parts. Anyways, nice to meet you guys,

Thanks,

Ben

Welcome, we do occasionally have meets in the Bangor area for those of us that live a bit farther north then the rest, or go to school in the area.

MET? just curious as to what that is

Spatty

Thanks for the welcomes! MET is mechanical engineering technology, it's just my major in college...

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Mechanical engineering technology?

How is that program at Orono? I've slacked off for a few years on college, and I'm going up there this coming fall for EE. But I'm interested in that program as well.

And welcome to the forum!

Spatty

I really like the MET program. I was a little skeptical at first, as I thought I wanted to be an ME (wasn't accepted in the program), but now I'm really glad I'm an MET instead! I can actually say that I really like the program, and most of the teachers are pretty cool too.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
That's cool. I'm thinking about doing something to get into the machine shop, basically. Heh.

And to be honest, I'm not accepted into the EE program. They said if I go and do a semester with physics, calc, an EE101. And do awesome in all three. Then they'll accept me in full to the program. So I guess that's what I have to do!

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
That's cool. I'm thinking about doing something to get into the machine shop, basically. Heh.

And to be honest, I'm not accepted into the EE program. They said if I go and do a semester with physics, calc, an EE101. And do awesome in all three. Then they'll accept me in full to the program. So I guess that's what I have to do!
that's basically the first semester ece schedule. I did ECE(Electrical and Computer engineering) for a couple of years, joined the Air Force, and now i'm in Mechanical Engineering.

I'm sure I'll see you around Ben. You must know Tim Foley and Jon Bolduc?

07NAHWKI

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure I'll see ya around I live right in old town, just look for the lime green grill.

05RSKID

welcome to the forum you will also see me in the orono, old town area live in old town.

Latest posts

Back