new supermarket

JLW7123

2005 legacy
Well there will be a new market basket opening were the old Lowes used to be in biddeford. They will be opening early this summer. They also bought more locations in Maine.

JLW7123

2005 legacy
Ya I grew up in NH and worked there for 5 years. I always liked shopping there. Hannaford and Shaw's are expensive.

scubiecraig

So that's what they are building.  They haven't been advertising anything, but I was wondering what was going in there.  Looks like it will be big.  I agree, competition is good.  I absolutely HATE HATE HATE the Walmart in Biddo.  I avoid it like the plague.  

JLW7123

2005 legacy
Ya it is going to be one of the bigger stores in the chain. Hopefully they build one closer to Portland.

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
Knew that a couple of months ago. Sanford should be next. I will still go to the one in Rochester. $2.49 per gal milk is way better than Maines minimum of #4.00 +.

scubiecraig

Holy crap, you can get milk for sub $3.00 in Rochester?  That's craaaay!  

I agree though, we should get something else in Sanford.... might get the others to compete a bit more on their prices.  The only thing I step foot in for at Shaw's is if I need something quick on the way home.  They are way too expensive.  Walmart is just a bit out of the way though on the way home... it actually tacks on another 20 minutes for me... so I only go if I need to.  

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I live only 2 miles from the border. Market Basket in Rochester is about the same distance as Walmarts in Sanford for me. $2.49 is their own brand which taste good and at times Hood is on sale at $2.99.

JLW7123

2005 legacy
Yep that's why whenever I go see my parents i stock up on food. Plus some of the bigger market baskets have a market place were you can get hot food and salads on the go.

Latest posts

Back