New to me Leggy (Now with more Ti)

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
OOOH! that is a cool shift knob. didn't notice that before. I'd buy one assuming it would fit the GL!

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
thanks Nigel, SurlyOBS(thanks for reading all 6!!)
default_smile.png

Gclark, and Chris!!

as for you two.... I know my Knob OWNZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
Ordered my Thermostat/gasket from evergreen today! should be here Monday! can't wait to get it in and all that nasty coolant flushed out.

on a side note.. my drivers side auto seat belt motor sharted out on me today
blankface.gif
...good thing I kept my old ones!

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
well, replaced my auto seat belt today. .. still have the same problem.

My drivers side automatic seat belt decided yesterday that it would not release when I open the door.

I switched out the auto seat belt with an older one I have that I know works.

When I installed the new one it was in the door open position.

I hooked everything up and shut the door and it came to the normal door closed position.

Opened the door............and.......... it wouldn't release again.

.I'm stumped. can someone help?

Stein

Stein
Solution, switch to manual seat belts? I never was a fan of the auto ones.

May or may not help: When you open that door, does the open-door light actually go on?

Meyagi

I'm a hack
theres a plug under the little kick panel on the drivers side of the car that has the wires for the auto belt in it. disconnect the plug and look for corrosion or a broken wire at that plug. this is a common problem on these cars. theres more then one plug behind the kick panel, so check them all, I don't remember what it looks like to discribe it to you other then that its a white plug with prob 16 or so pins. if all looks good there, the problem may be in the door latch itself, since that's where the switch is that controls the belts. My money is on a corroded or broken wire under the kick panel though.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Solution, switch to manual seat belts? I never was a fan of the auto ones.
Not so easy as it sounds. The first gen leggy never came with manual belts in the USDM, you have to get the belts off a CDM car. Along with trim, etc

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
well I sat in my foot well for a while today looking up into the colorful abyss of wires.. took off trim unconnected/connected everything in my path and still nothing.. I can't really figure out where the wire from the a-pillar goes once it recedes into the dashboard?.. I jiggle it and it jiggles nothing else below. my seat belt still does nothing.
blankface.gif
blankface.gif
blankface.gif
ya.. poo

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
I just realized I have no door chime when the door is open but the dashboard door open light works as well as the interior light comes on... I think this is part of the seat belt no worky reason.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
I belive the little push button on the door jam controlls the light, and the latch switch controls the belt. you need a new door latch.

Legwagon

BC-BF-*BJ*
ok I've figured it out!!!

I'll post a picture in a bit...

It was the wiring harness from the door to the car. There was a corroded wire in the bunch. so I took the door off and replaced it with the one from my 92 and BAM! it worked! so I'm off to the hardware store to get a soldering iron and some good waterproof tape from the plumbing area!

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
ok I've figured it out!!!

I'll post a picture in a bit...

It was the wiring harness from the door to the car. There was a corroded wire in the bunch. so I took the door off and replaced it with the one from my 92 and BAM! it worked! so I'm off to the hardware store to get a soldering iron and some good waterproof tape from the plumbing area!

Thanks everyone for the replies!!
Awesome you got it working! Use some of that waterproof shrink tube so the connections don't get wet again. I use it on boats, and it's great stuff! Keeps salt water out.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Congrats on fixing it. I had a similar thing happen in my Cherokee, the speaker wires wore through from the door opening.

Seal it up good. I suggest also putting some wireloom over it to protect it from future abuse.

wire_loom_big.jpg

Latest posts

Back