New to the forum :)

injulen

I live in Winthrop, ME, and I love my Subarus!

I have an associates degree in applied science in computer technology, obtained from CMCC in Lewiston, ME. I have worked for my step-dad doing plumbing and heating work since high school while also working for periods at the Geek Squad and Carbonite.

My first car was a 1996 Ford Taurus which lasted me about a year before the transmission went. After that I moved on to a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme which I absolutely loved. RWD, so when it was slippery out I was having a blast
default_smile.png
The Olds finally needed too much in repairs so I went out and bought my first Subaru. The day after I bought my '97 wagon I went on a 1300 mile road trip to Indiana without a problem and immediately started falling in love with the Subaru engineering.
default_smile.png

Even though I don't have a garage I still try and do all my own maintenance and repairs on my vehicles. I've self taught a lot of things but my two dads have both helped to teach me a lot along the way. I've tackled timing belt changes, exhaust repairs, cooling system repairs, starter replacements, alternator replacements, spark plug replacements, rust repairs, rear strut changes, brake pads + rotor replacements, outer tie rod replacements, and more that I can't think of right now. Next on my list is valve cover gaskets, mine are starting to seep oil.

My 1997 Legacy L, I purchased from Norm's in Wiscasset for just under $4500. The dealership had just replaced the entire EJ22 with a comparable mileage one out of a 1996 Legacy. So I ended up with a Phase 1! The car was at 168,000 miles when I purchased it. I am now about to pass 236,000 miles without any major mechanical failures. (Regular maintenance works wonders!)

My 1995 Legacy L, I purchased from a private seller I found on Craigslist. I got this one for only $750 
default_smile.png
 It had 212,000 miles on it. The body isn't the prettiest and I had to immediately replace a knocking rear strut but other than that it has been just as reliable as my 1997. Currently at 218,000 miles so not too far on that one yet. This is the one I drive when my wife takes the 1997 to work.

I plan on frequenting this forum from now on so you'll be seeing me around
default_smile.png
I already read and post daily on /r/subaru so you may recognize me from there.

Click on the pics for full res.

Last edited by a moderator:

injulen

I added a few attachments to the original post. I had imgur links within the original text because I wasn't sure how to do the attachments earlier. What is the normal way of posting images in this forum, for future reference?

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
The way you have it now is fine. You can also do

[img=http://www.imagelink.jpg]

Your image will show up inline with the text in the thread.

I like your 2nd gen wagon. That's what I wanted, but I somehow ended up with this gigantic 3rd gen outback.

Latest posts

Back