New to the Subaru forums.

Ian Black

Hey everyone, my name's Ian, from Southern Maine, Saco/Portland and recently moved to Bangor area (Glenburn) cause I couldn't afford to live in my apartment. I bought my first Subaru 2 years ago, my prized 1997 Legacy GT wagon. Been through a few cars and this is the one that stuck. Bad purchases and crap ends of the stick. Can't wait to meet up with some of the owners here and learn some more about the workings of Subarus. Vegasjetta, hooked me up with this site, after helping me get the old girl fixed.

First car.

1985 Cadillac Coupe DeVille - purchased for $200 put $1k into it before learning it was DOA. It was my $1k mechanic's crash course.

Previous car.

1994 VW Jetta III GLS - purchased for $600, put about $600 into it, 2 point slow, ugly as sin, mismatched doors. Drove it for 3 months, before having electrical issues around 145k (typical I've found out) that caused the wiring under the dash to melt, though I think the culprit was an idiot radio installer at a store who didn't know what he was doing.

Now car.

1997 Subaru Legacy GT wagon - purchased for $1500, put about $500 in it so far. Love the bajeesus out of this vehicle. 220k before unfortunately getting the *notorious 2.5 HG leak* she is out of commission ........ for now.

Mighty Subie

Welcome! I'm sure that someone will be along soon to say that you should locate yourself on the members map, but dont give in! Hahah jk.

drvsdwz

DRiVe SiDeWayZ
Welcome! You may see me around. I have a black 08 STi and live in Bangor as well. I'll keep an eye out for you! Good getting you're car fixed!

WRB_Tank

Welcome. I am from Bangor as well so I'm sure you'll see me around. White Impreza L wagon with gold wheels and RS Impreza front end conversion. Look forward to spotting another Bangor area Suby enthusiast! Like Justin said good luck getting your car fixed

Latest posts

Back