Newest member...

JlyonsSTI

Hey everyone I'm the newest member as of right now. I've been a subaru enthusiast since I got my 98 legacy gt wagon(black with dark tint) five years ago. The first winter I owned it Maine got pummeled with snow, and I snowboarded every single snowstorm. Driving in all those snowstorms is when I realized how superior a subaru really is in maine. I've never flinched at snow since. The cars motor had been noisy, but I had heard subies were always that way and with 110,00 wasn't too worried. I kept up on my oil changes, but the person before me must not have, because the rod bearings were bent. I put a new motor into it and I moved to Denmark (Maine) and got to try out some dirt roads. I had a lot of fun and began getting into rally racing. I learned some more advanced techniques and put them to the test, toe heel, double clutching, left foot braking, etc. I used to take a snowmobile trail home from work everyday. There was never anyone on it so it was as safe a place as you could really find to learn on your own.... Pretty technical too. Lots of different surfaces. The longest straightaway was only 200 ft. There was also a lot of corners... Ruined 3 tires (not all on that trail), replaced a balljoint, one rear strut, and dinged up my rims a little. Really pretty good considering how fast I made that car go. I've never crashed while doing this, but i've come close. I had my right rear tire over the edge of a L3 with a steep shoulder. The left rear was barley on the road. Luckily she pulled through and it was a sick corner. I understeered once because my e-brake had gone on me and i tried to compensate with a pendelum. It was L2 after a long fast straight section that I had practiced a lot even without my ebrake. I usually start off slower and gradually test my car by picking up the speed, which i had done several times without my ebrake, but this time i was feeling ballsy and went in a little too gung ho. I knew right away I wasn't going to make it and slammed on my brake. I stopped inches from a tree..

At some point I realized that a legacy gt wagon was not the ideal car for me and I got tired of putting my money into it. I desperatley wanted something with more power for exiting the corners.... Better braking... I also realized it wasn't smart to rally your daily driver hah so i realized i should probably build a rally car. I began dreaming about owning an STI or a WRX and building a rally car.

So I've worked my DONKEY off the last two years (two jobs, the fulltime one only pays $10 an hr, but i get a lot of overtime) so that I could buy a wrx or a STI (My rally car is less of a priority since I lost second gear in my wagon and tired of putting money into it I needed a reliable daily driver). On dec 15th I got a White 2006 STI stage 2.... It is everything I had hoped for and then some. It came with blizzaks for the winter, and tonight was the first night I got to tear around in some snow. Not a major storm but it was slippery and the performance of the car in the snow is incredible. The left rear tire had been slowly losing air since the tires were put on it last week before I bought it. I checked it for a leak with soapy water and couldn't find one. Monday I took it into Evergreen and had them check it out. They couldn't find the reason either and unfortunately the tire bubbled on me. Luckily my tires were within 2/10ths and I only need one new one. Curious how low profiles are going to do in maine. Our roads are pretty fing haggard.... Might get some rally wheels.....

I've known about Mainley Subarus for awile, but i'm the type that is too busy with too many more important things than to spend my time on a computer. I don't even have a facebook, and I never had a myspace. However, now that i'm the proud owner of my dream car, I need to get in on some of the fun. I live in Livermore, I work in Hebron, but i'm around the Auburn/Poland area a lot. I also drive to saddleback often in the winter. my favorite mountain in maine, because its not over run by yuppies, and the mountain hasn't been raped. Although Sugarloaf and Sunday River are good at certain midweeks. I also do a lot of hiking in the summer so I drive Western Maine and NH mountain regions a lot. I don't have any pictures yet, but let me know if you see me around. I don't think i've driven by one WRX or STI since i've bought the car..... Looking forward to the group drives and other events....

Jamey

Welcome
default_smile.png

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
nice car.....too clean tho
default_tongue.png

altho to your credit, sounds like you are working on that problem.

welcome! be keerful out there, the ditches come up a lot quicker when you got 300 hp flinging you down the road
default_smile.png

STInate

Baxley’s Speed Shop
If I could give subarus another chance the route you took would probally be my choice as well. Enjoy and wait for some real snow and put that beast to the test.

Ray

The Northernah'
ill keep my eye out for ya, i live in wilton, and will frequent Saddleback and local mountains a lot this year! welcome!

WRwagon

Hey welcome aboard! And congrats on the car.

Unlikely that it was you, but I did see a 2006 white STi with a giant exhaust at Evergreen a week or two ago when I was getting an oil leak looked at. It had red mudflaps as well. I'm pretty sure it was before the 15th though, maybe the owner before you brought it to Evergreen?

Anyway, it's sittin in the shop for repairs to the aforementioned oil leak, but when I get my WRX wagon back I'll be on lookout for you in the Auburn area.

Latest posts

Back