NO LONGER need help with my sti

patsti

NitrousFed
I got a utec the other day and now my sti wont start, even with it out of the car. any ideas? I have had one before and it worked fine. there is a burning smell coming from under the hood, near the stock bcs so i bought a perrin bcs and maybe that will do it.

Evan are you around? I live right down the street from you.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Is all you did was swap the UTEC? If so, check your main fuses under hood. Does it turn over and just won't start? You'll need to pull a coil and put a spark tester in it to look for fire.

Trevor723

Does it crank and not start or does it not crank at all?

Air, Fuel, Spark ... gotta be missing one of the three. (at least
default_biggrin.png
)

Some more info hopefully we can help.

patsti

NitrousFed
it starts, runs as if on one cylinder... It may be the sparks going to look at them this week. The utec is set up right and got a new perrin bcs today in there so that's good, its not fuel. It has to be the plugs. anyone changes them on an ej25t? the look like a lot of work to get at. if someone wants to lend a hand that would be great. thanks guys.

patsti

NitrousFed
the car shakes like crazy when on, loaded new fuel maps to the utec so i know its not that. there was a burning smell from the harness near the bcs so i got the new one jic and I will have to get new plugs tonight on the net.

Trevor723

The spark plugs aren't fun, but they aren't all that bad either.

Remove the intake all the way up to the turbo inlet on the passenger side, then remove the windsheild washer reservoir on the drivers side. You need a 10mm to unbolt the coil packs, unplug them, then you can pull out the spark plugs.

Evan

i might have time this weekend, depends on what my mom wants to do for mothers day. as we had talked about, i still think you flattened out a spark plug.

patsti

NitrousFed
yeah i ordered new onestep colder plugs from vividracing.com since no one around here had them (subaru wanted 20 per for 4= $80) i payed $42 shipped for the ngk iridium lfr7aix plugs. Iam going to rip it apart tonight and then see what the deal is. since its apart I might have to do some mods aswell.

boosted

Did ya figure what the problem was yet?? Changing spark plugs, as said above, can be a hassle to get at but it's really not bad...Tryin' to do a compression test is another story as it's SO hard to get hose tightened in the plug wells. But it's a good idea to do a test while you're in there changing the plugs since you'll have everything apart anyways. Let me know if you need any help as I've changed quite a few before, if you still haven't done it yet that is. I live in Windham.

--Aaron

patsti

NitrousFed
thanks, i have a plug that's stuck now it not hard to change them actaully went from stock to 1 step colder to stock then now trying to get the one step colders back in and one is stuck. I just cant seem to get the socket around it.l

boosted

haha, it's funny that you mention that because I did a compression test on Saturday just to make sure everything was ok and I got the hose extension stuck in the spark slug well!! It took me like an hour to get it out, it was such a PITA!! But it was worth it, cause my compression numbers were:

Cyl 1 - 155

Cyl 2 - 160

Cyl 3 - 158

Cyl 4 - 158

Woot!

Not too bad for ~55K miles and "stage 4" for ~15K..

patsti

NitrousFed
got the broken plug out with evans help and now onto the fmic set up need to cut some pipes and will be tuning it at tdctuning in a week or two. Hope my car doesn't blow up

patsti

NitrousFed
I need to buy a pipe cutter tomorrow and refit the ic pipes with bov tube and cut the 90 deg bend that was too big and Ill be done... I HOPE!

Evan

i've got an air powered cut off tool. you'll need a new wheel for it though. they should have them at walmart. i'll call you in the morning and figure something out.

patsti

NitrousFed
haha that's cool. because yesterday i bought a air powered cut off and my compressor couldn't run it. You can have the new one i just bought if i can use your compressor.

patsti

NitrousFed
set up at the tune will be turbo xs utec, turbo xs hp mbc(or perrin ebcs), ebay fmic (really nice,justlike turboxs kit ), sard bov, short ram intake, perrin modded 816cc injectors, 255 walbro fuel pump(which i forgot to order and will do right now), and hopefully i will have the money for a meth kit by then. If the car runs ok with the fmic i will wait 2 or 3 weeks so i can go and have a new turbo sz49 and meth tuned on it. since the tune is $400 why do it twice in one month.

Latest posts

Back