November Meet Portland Pie

blehhh

Gee thanks, Google, but I'm quite aware that the Portland one is 7 seconds away. 

akk4.png

WashmyScooby

Woah, hey it's BMW Bill, will YOU be attending the Subaru meet?!

It's been awhile since I've been immersed in one of the ultimate driving machines of luxury, so it would be good to see a precisely engineered German auto amongst all the mere Japanese tuner cars.
I wouldn't take it that far...

Last edited by a moderator:

blehhh

1426261_10101333674322819_1722359684_n.jpg

On my way home from the meet. You guys are a bad influence...
default_additional_mod.gif

I only ever speed in short bursts, but this one was definitely dumb. Tricky traffic/merging situation. Fight-or-flight kicked in, and the boost. Dropped a gear and floored it to get out of the mess. Ended up going through the intersection WAY too fast and I'm probably lucky to not be in jail right now.

This was the first time I've been pulled over in the WRX, and the first time in 5 years at that.

Meyagi

I'm a hack
i could tell it was cold last night cause my car was blowing the rear tires off in 3rd gear lol

im sad i missed out on the brz vs bmw fun
default_frown.gif

blehhh

Wow that blows, sorry to hear it man! Happens to the best
I forgot to add that nothing came of it, at all. 

He was nice, and understood the situation, but said "yeah, 45 probably would have done it just fine; it looked like you were up around 70."

Didn't get me on radar, but if he did, it wouldn't have been a ticket. Maybe there was nothing he could do then, but he just walked back to my car and said "okay, so what are we never going to do again?"

MAINIAC XV

The Eco Man
I forgot to add that nothing came of it, at all. 

He was nice, and understood the situation, but said "yeah, 45 probably would have done it just fine; it looked like you were up around 70."

Didn't get me on radar, but if he did, it wouldn't have been a ticket. Maybe there was nothing he could do then, but he just walked back to my car and said "okay, so what are we never going to do again?"

You lucked out that he was a decent cop.

WashmyScooby

Haha. Snow tires + no turbo = slow. I kept traction control on, which is a good thing for the side of your BMW. Oh, and those bi-turbo BMW engines are nasty.

Hahaha.. it wasn't really a fair fight on a cold night.  If it makes you feel any better I'm running the BMS Stage 1 software so I'm probably like 260 whp and 290 wtrq, plus XDrive
default_smile.png
   And it's a twin scroll single turbo under there.. the older 335s got the bi-turbos
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back