OEM 20mm sway install on 07 2.5 wagon

RedForester08

Well it all bolted up easy and car was on ramps. Bar was clear of everything and under no tension or stress in this nutral position. Rides great and no noise. Now the only thing is the bar is on the outside of the endlink on the drivers side with the link in a good 90 deg angle from its lower mount. As if the link was unhooked from the bar. The passengers side was on the inside of the end link and the link is sitting perfect in its mount. Great clearance on everything. Like I said NO clunking or binding. Will this give me any problems down the road?

Thanks for all the help shorty and to everyone who will post there opinions.

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
Sumpthin's up. Those links should match side to side. I'd like to see it. It may feel OK, but it ain't.

RedForester08

Here are some pics. I would have hated to have wasted the money. Maybe the 2004 OEM WRX wagon 20mm bar is the one I needed. What was put on Tony Q's Car? The bar has shifted about 1/8" to the drivers side. I'll be pulling the bar off and putting the

Shitty Piono wire F***ing one back on. We'll get it figured out. Some one with a wagon must have done this. Just need to find out if it is the 2004 WRX Wagon Bar we need.

Sway%201.jpg

Sway%202.jpg

Sway%203.jpg

seph

the left link needs to be moved over to the other side of the bar...

I put mine up on a jack when I put it in and had no problems connecting it on the correct sides

RedForester08

Well back to the mini stock sway. There is NO way to get this bar on this car with both links either on the inside or the out side. Here are some more pics. With the origanal installed. I'll most likely go aftermarket as to get the correct fitment. Thanks for evryones time on this.

Sway%204.jpg

Sway%205.jpg

Sway%206.jpg

Sway%207.jpg

Trevor723

It is supposed to mount on the outside of the endlinks on both sides as was said... did you use 20mm bushings as well? Maybe the smaller bushings weren't letting you slide the bar into place?

seph

I know I had to juack mine up and release the tension on the suspension to get it right...

BTW: I just sold my stock 20mm to Impreza05, so we'll see if he can get it on his RS

R

rallyXcramps

Yeah, put it on jack stands so everything can droop so you have some room to jiggle stuff around.

When you are done let the car down slow.

RedForester08

Thanks guys but this is a wagon and it is a little narrower than the sedan a little. I'm using the 20mm bushings. The bend on the drivers side is hitting the bushing it will not go over any further. As you can see in the picture the 20s drivers side bend is not the same. Whiteline makes a 22 for the rear. It's a little more money but will fit better.

Thanks

Jim

RedForester08

Here is a picture of the Whiteline 22mm on a wagon. It has the correct bend. I'll be ordering it up First things Monday.

Whiteline 22mm

project_grocery_getter_shop_18.jpg

STI 20mm

Sway%203.jpg

Whiteline against stock

project_grocery_getter_shop_16.jpg

STI against stock

Sway%205.jpg

R

redlinerally

I'm confused. What year WRX did this one come off of? Did you go dealer and buy new, or buy off of someone here?

Reason I ask is because the Whiteline you are looking at is for 02+ wagons AND/OR sedans, which means that both models are the same width and size, as I suspected. Therefore, whatever is happening with your car, shouldn't be as long as the year you got the bar off is 02+....

Shorty

Evergreen Auto Spa
We've put STI bars on sedans and never had a problem. The WRX sedans and wagons run the same rear bar. I couldn't see there would be a problem putting the STI bar on the wagon using that as a guide. I guess I was wrong. SORRY! Bring it back.

RedForester08

Jeremy

The STI bar is what I got. Not a WRX. It does fit the Sadan. I saw it with my own two eyes. So we live and learn and now we know.

On the wagon The bushing is up against the bend in the bar. It will not slide over enough. But on the sedan. The links fit on the inside. It is amazing what an 1/2 inch or so will make. Thanks Joel and Tony for all your time on this.

Jim

Tony Q

I think we need installed pics on the new bar and links!!!!!!!

Let me know what you think about the Kartboy endlinks cause I am going to be ordering a set when I get back from Florida!!!

RedForester08

Sure thing. Will do a full set of install pictures so the wagon owners out there can see it on there car. Enjoy Florida.

Jim

Latest posts

Back