official unofficial motorcycle talk thread

Stein

Stein
Lolz, currently getting 30mpg on my ~60hp 500CC. Going to do something about that first thing after finals.

So far my list is:

Air/Fuel filters

redo spark plugs if they've fouled up since last year

double check my valve settings from last year, possibly use a new method I found out about for doing those

sync the carbs on the bike (maybe pull them and clean them again, sync the butterfly valves, and repair the diaphragms)

05RSKID

I average about 60 mpg with mine if i stay of the interstate she is only a klx 250sf super moto and they take going over the handle bars well. I flipped it  a full 180 and landed on me last month but only broke one mirror and cracked the plastic on the other on

Boynton4

I've been keeping track of my mileage, and 40 miles to the gallon is the trend with my 1000cc ..  

Even with some high speed runs mixed in

Fluffy282

8651_4643274292226_1848302275_n.jpg

Coolant flush... Im on it

Stein

Stein
Rode it yesterday after finals! Then tightened the chain and realized that its time to just swap my new chain and sprockets on this weekend.

i-wagon

Just got back from a quick ride. Hadn't been on it for a while. Got foolish and had to slow down quick, in the process I gave it to much rear brake and went into the "death wobble". Hadn't been on it since. Ddm 4300K hi/lo hid is amazing though, hadn't ridden after dark since I installed it

Last edited by a moderator:

Stein

Stein
Replaced my chain and sprockets this weekend...

HOLY BALLS WHAT A DIFFERENCE

You don't want to know how bad the old one was...

Also might buy a 2007 SV650 with a broken handlebar for $1600...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/mcy/3877070428.html

"low speed" laydown was not reported so the title is still clean. He claims it "goes straight" but he told me its not rideable, so I'm not sure what he's smoking. The tank dent is the only thing other than handlebar and controls that worries me from the pictures. Might look at it tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back