Offroad/dirty meet.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
There's been talk about it, but not much planning about it. (and I hope this thread doesn't follow the trend)

I don't have the capacity to organize such a meet, but I think collectively we can.

This would be a meet for people who aren't worried about getting their car dirty, maybe a little scratched up or dented. You know who you are
default_frown.gif

My biggest problem is a place, so if you know about a good place to hold such a meet, post 'em up! Once we get a place figured out we can vote on a time. And finally pull this meet into existence!

Also, when you think about offroad meet, what's the image in your mind. Dirt roads; driving fast, drifting, trying not to flip into the forest.

Or does your mind go to trails, driving over rocks, through rivers, getting your car stuck in mud, on top of a rock.

Post up location ideas accordingly.

GClark

Moosehead/Rangely/Bangor Region always has some good stuff. And I'm for both offroading and rallying.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
There are a few places I know. Not completely sure if GClarks car would make it or not, probably would be fine if he don't care about dents and possible exhaust damage
default_biggrin.png
This would be cool. I just wish I had tires that weren't bald on my BRAT

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I've heard that the guy running that place in Lewiston is a D-Bag. Just what I heard...
I was looking at that link thinking "it looks like this is a bunch of tools". Then I saw what you said there ... heh. I don't want to wheel with tools, I'd rather do it with MS people.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
It may be a bit *ahem* rural, but I'm sure ya'll could stick together and do your own thing. Just kick the guy a couple bucks to use his land, not like you gotta roll with every joe blow on the webpage.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
I would still like to try a trail or two. Never been offroad with the sube... this year welding is definately beyond, I'd go anywhere subies can.

going with other subarus seems a good idea. I have not met any of you except bratman.

Bangor and offroad.. I have not seen a local trail since the early 90s. Would not even know where to go.

funny enough, that last few times, there was an ea81 wagon tearing it up
default_biggrin.png

the only one...last one I have seen road going in this area.(1994)

IBratmanI

The winch makes up for bald tires
default_biggrin.png
haha
This is true!! Moosehead area would be absolutely awesome and I know a lot of great places to go!!!! But it's so damn far away!!

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
I would still like to try a trail or two. Never been offroad with the sube... this year welding is definately beyond, I'd go anywhere subies can.
going with other subarus seems a good idea. I have not met any of you except bratman.

Bangor and offroad.. I have not seen a local trail since the early 90s. Would not even know where to go.

funny enough, that last few times, there was an ea81 wagon tearing it up
default_biggrin.png

the only one...last one I have seen road going in this area.(1994)
You're gonna have to lift it if you want to run much offroad... I don't care how much welding and extreme weight addition you have. It isn't going to help you at all with clearance issues.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
You're gonna have to lift it if you want to run much offroad... I don't care how much welding and extreme weight addition you have. It isn't going to help you at all with clearance issues.
My 87 has 7 without it, on 13s.

now? who knows. Unwelded the subes are droopy. If you really wheeled on oe gl/dl/ loyale you would have noticed right away. lift or not..

they cave right in where it matters. I pushed a dl until caved in...if you are going crazier than that, I hope a cop doesn't check your hollow rockers tough guys, on the main roads.

if you pick a place, I could determine from there.

I can easily prove the weld was 99% of a D/R subes problem. Still full diff lock in 4lo (something I wanted to show bratman)

welding did it all.
default_smile.png

ReZPunK

just say the word and I can get a few of us up here to plan out a few hundred miles of fun on relatively safe roads for all subies.

just a few words of caution, where we play there is no cell coverage. so i would recommend everyone bring a tow strap and plenty of water and snacks. If someone wanted to join us in say a JEEP that could fetch a car if need be...that would be awesome as well.

if you aren't running gravels, bring a full size spare. two way radios will have to be mandatory..

when someone went off in their 2.5RS on the last dirt drive, the only way the front 5 guys knew to stop and turn around was with the radios. we would have been long gone.

centering the drive around the Stud Mill road would be a great idea, because that is the constant. if someone gets separated they can always make their way back to the stud mill road. its the super highway of dirt that runs from Old Town to Calais...its wide and recognizable... even if you dont come out of the woods where you went in.

there are tons of loops that depart and reconnect on the stud mill. AND about half way down there is an access road to Route 9 that comes out near the airline diner and store. great place for a lunch break.

Sincerely

your Indian guide

ReZPunK

Devon

I've heard that the guy running that place in Lewiston is a D-Bag. Just what I heard...
They're actually not... He's just a regular businessman that doesn't want anyone using the park without paying or destroying anything. His oldest son can come off as an ass but that's it really. No place for a subaru though.

GClark

just say the word and I can get a few of us up here to plan out a few hundred miles of fun on relatively safe roads for all subies.
just a few words of caution, where we play there is no cell coverage. so i would recommend everyone bring a tow strap and plenty of water and snacks. If someone wanted to join us in say a JEEP that could fetch a car if need be...that would be awesome as well.

if you aren't running gravels, bring a full size spare. two way radios will have to be mandatory..

when someone went off in their 2.5RS on the last dirt drive, the only way the front 5 guys knew to stop and turn around was with the radios. we would have been long gone.

centering the drive around the Stud Mill road would be a great idea, because that is the constant. if someone gets separated they can always make their way back to the stud mill road. its the super highway of dirt that runs from Old Town to Calais...its wide and recognizable... even if you dont come out of the woods where you went in.

there are tons of loops that depart and reconnect on the stud mill. AND about half way down there is an access road to Route 9 that comes out near the airline diner and store. great place for a lunch break.

Sincerely

your Indian guide

ReZPunK
^^^^^^

This sounds really good. What kind of offroading do you want to do 987687? Seems like it's going to be hard to find a place that we can wheel around in. I bet there would be a few places around where Rezpunk is talking about that would be more like mudding then rallying. I think we should do this.

IBratmanI

They're actually not... He's just a regular businessman that doesn't want anyone using the park without paying or destroying anything. His oldest son can come off as an ass but that's it really. No place for a subaru though.
I don't think you are aware of what a Subaru is capable of. I have had many lifted Toyotas and such that have not been able to follow me!!

Latest posts

Back