Ohlins Coilovers

RallyGuy24

I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Ohlins Gravel Spec PCV coilovers? (Manufactured around 2000-2001)

Nigel? Moodyracing? I am looking at a set for my GC, which I plan on using for Rally-x, TSD, Daily Driver too. Do you think it would be too bouncy for the highway? Thanks!

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
how long is your highway commute?

I would suggest you find your local Chiropractor if you are going to run Gravel spec suspension.

DIRT

I have group n ohlins. They are wonderful on gravel roads and not so much on paved ones. Not a good idea for a commuter car. Allen

katnip

the car is black. I swear
my DMS are bouncy as hell for basic DD use, it doesn't bother me, bugs the crap out of Al tho >
default_wink.png
I drive it 30 miles round trip to work each day. On gravel they rock, they eat up washboards and large yumps. The car settles soooo nice over the railroad crossing "ramp" near our house. Inski had them before me and he ditched them because of the "bouncyness" on his long commutes! that's DMS tho, but from what I understand most gravel spec coilovers are gonna be that way on the daily commute, unless its, all gravel!

Get em!!!!!!!!!!!!! >
default_biggrin.png

kat

RallyGuy24

The bouncy ride won't bother me. I would rather have the performance. I wont mind if I have less passengers if the ride is a little 'rough' >
default_wink.png

My commute is not far on a daily basis, and the only time I'm on the highway is usually to go to a rally-x or to volunteer at a stage rally, so I'm not too worried about that.

Rightseat

how beat-up are the Ohlins you are looking at? if they've got lots of miles left, OK, but

rebuild costs will make you poop.
default_smile.png

DMS 50 rebuild runs $2500 to do all 4 corners. even for somebody accustomed to the stupid-expensive world of rally gear, this is a big chunk to swallow. but once they are rebuilt, look the eff out!

but for daily driver use, both are total overkill. heck, they're overkill for rallyX.

if you are a "if some is good, more must be betta" kind of guy, you'll tolerate the gravel suspension on the street for a while, then be looking to dial it back a bit later I bet.

Latest posts

Back