Oil Change.....

Lawdawg

So, I went to Patriot Saturday to have my oil changed, brakes pads checked, air filter replaced, etc etc. No big deal.

Two hours later, my 05 STi stays at Patriot and l'm eaving in a creampuff 07 STi with 9k on the clock.... :bunny: Seriously, completely unmolested, driven by wife, still new--not even any dust under the hood (that will change :evil1:)

Just made sense in terms of warranty. Same payment, insurance did not change and now I am back in a warranty (lifetime) with an unmolested 07 and all my parts from the 05 fit.

More in depth comparison of drives to come.

For now, I do notice that there are a couple of weird jerky spots as you come up through the rev range. Just seems like fuel delivery is not entirely smooth and consistent with this one. Does not seem as smooth as the 05. Cobb should take care of that I hope. Also, I absolutely do notice the difference in the diff settings. Just not quite as tail happy as the old rig. Both on and off throttle, its a little more behaved, which is on the minus side of the column--will have to adjust driving style a little I guess.

The 07 is much more quiet in terms of tranny noise, which is actually on the minus side of the column as well, in that it is not quite as engaging.

On the plus side, it is tight. With 40K on the clock, the 05 had loosened up a bit (shifter, suspension etc) and i was actually considering a complete chassis bushing replacement, which is a little pricy. Not any more!

More to come.

katnip

the car is black. I swear
congrat's and that's what happens when you use a dealer for maintenance. Ya wander around looking at all the pretty, shiny cars, and next thing you know, you're rolling away with a new rig!

enjoy

now someone go statch up the 05 :headbang:

Lawdawg

congrat's and that's what happens when you use a dealer for maintenance. Ya wander around looking at all the pretty, shiny cars, and next thing you know, you're rolling away with a new rig!

enjoy

now someone go statch up the 05 :headbang:
Yeah, no kidding. I had no plans to do this, but when I saw it and heard the history etc etc. It seemed to make sense....

Regarding the 05, if anyone has any questions let me know. Always dealer serviced. Driven spiritedly but deliberately with smooth shifts and no launches. Tranny and dif recently serviced, with the good stuff.

It will probably go in low twenties I would guess.

inski

Grats Lawdawg!

Yeah, someone snatch up Lawdawg's 05! Meticulously maintained. ALL major services done. Extensive scheduled maintenance records on this car. You thought your car was puff, pfff. Lawdawg's car is outstanding. :thumbsup:

Motul inside.

Ty Ty

Loan me 30g's and I will. :angel12:
20ish should do you! :glasses9: a lightly modded 05 with 40k shouldn't be much more than that!

Alrighty then, fork it over Moody. :angel12:

Unless of course Rallyguy keeps telling me that I can buy his RS. :confused2:

bubba suby

most expensive oil change ever! haha. good deal man can't wait to see it!

well when I'm done puting every thing from the 05 on to the 07 then you all can see it :thumbsup: dude that car is fun to drive. I did the used car check on it and now i get to do the used car check on your old car :headbang:

Lawdawg

most expensive oil change ever! haha. good deal man can't wait to see it!

well when I'm done puting every thing from the 05 on to the 07 then you all can see it :thumbsup: dude that car is fun to drive. I did the used car check on it and now i get to do the used car check on your old car :headbang:
Nice. Glad to hear that someone on here is doing the work.

RallyGuy24

Unless of course Rallyguy keeps telling me that I can buy his RS. :confused2:
Hahaha... dont get your hopes up
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back