old sube big delco radio

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
This is worth mentioning for not so obvious reasons.

A double din radio fits in a double din slot, old subes have double din. options are endless with bezel ingenuity.

I found the 85-93 subarus have no capacitors anywhere, and f there is, they are not large enough to suppress anything.

the delco radio in the 90s to even some today, double din, large... they have large solid components, a monster capacitor can be seen peakingin through the cooler. Old subes love it. I even noticed it caught onto the ignition. A gentle the car never had. This one radio was in an injected loyale and now in a non-ecm carbed..both quite noticably different a few days after install. That is some giant "capacitry" catching up to the old buggy
default_wink.png

Both subes have no pings after this radio installed. It took 2 days for both versions.

not much to say, here is a photo:

acdelcoweb.jpg

That is a subaru bracket bolted to the side of the delco, symmetrically installs it. Scosche wiring harness allows for no car side hacking, the old dainty radio goes back in if one wants.

The digrams for delco are everywhere, thay have been the same for a long time.

I also added four cheap speakers, walmart v3 somethings, those too bolt in, now four channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back