old sube water pump!

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
there is 2 hub heights... I do not even know how to measure it.

I am guessing double pulley is long hub (tall) and the serpentine belt of an xt is the short (single pulley)

is this correct? trying to order for an 87 subaru, double v-belt pulleys...am gong for tall one as of this moment, need a quick second opinion.

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Search ultimate subaru. It's been covered over and over again. Member or not you can still search the site.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
Search ultimate subaru. It's been covered over and over again. Member or not you can still search the site.
true.

I did decipher it, the long was correct..

4 5/16 and 4.320 are one and the same, the xt does get the short one, or any old ea sube that converted to a serpentine.

I have asked it much more than once in 14 years, and never bought a single one. (amazing- the 3 subes I have had add up to 460k miles and not one water pump.) they do the crazy self healing bit after puking exactly what it don't want. Add it to the myth of the ea82.

I know things are fading away, just gonna put in a new one, go precise.. it will go nice on the 2 row radiator. As I want a gates timing belt in, to put the "gayco" stretchy shrinker back in the closet. I should not complain, it is even tuning back in during the cold and rain and cold and snow and warm. Time to get finnicky with these old engines...just to get what I want and know it is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
You're reading way to much into a crappy old underpowered engine.

If it isn't overheating, why get a new radiator? Just run it until it dies.

When it dies throw an ej22 at it, and it'll run for a very long time.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
You're reading way to much into a crappy old underpowered engine.

If it isn't overheating, why get a new radiator? Just run it until it dies.

When it dies throw an ej22 at it, and it'll run for a very long time.

Don't poke the bear.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
EA82 is EA82. Order one for a '90 Loyale, it will be exactly the same. The pulley will come off of your old one and go onto the new one. Only the EA81 had the pulley built in.

Latest posts

Back