ole No.8 "Buckshot"

inski

I named it Buckshot.  Its got a serious misfire and while bringing it home my son said it smells like gun powder while driving behind it.,

New-to-me, clean slate, where do I go.  I guess I'll fix shit, then some grabby snows, then see where the desires take me.

inski

It is except for a large dent in each front fender which is hard to see in the pics. It was slated for auction so it got recon-ed before I told the boss I wanted it.  The only rust/rot is on the left front fender just in front of the driver's door where the fender meets the rocker.  Rear quarters (usual spots) are rust free.  The only other yucky spot is the front pass. seat.  Looks like it has a poop stain.  The recon guy saturated it with stain lifter so maybe in a day or so it will clean up nice.  Eventually I'd like to drop some 04-05 WRX seats in it so I'm not real worried about the poop stain.

RyanR

///|||\\\|||///|||\\&#092
Looks like a nice find! Looking forward to what you find as you go through it.

inski

Yup, 5 speed.  Needs brakes and tires so far.  One head gasket is weeping but not enough to fix yet.  Probably destroyed the cat with this misfire.  My wife did a carfax.  Turns out its a one owner and regular services at Evergreen and various places in Oxford, no accidents.  haven't had time to get under the hood yet.

i-wagon

I'll give you a dollar 2 98 for it right meow. Sounds like there's potential there. Going to have it all spiffed up for when you have to give the vader wagon back?

inski

Yup.  But, the more I drive it the more I want to keep it.  The kid might want it when he gets back.  He likes red things.  Which is fine because I like 07 black things.  Know what I mean?
default_biggrin.png

Fixed the misfire.  

Changed the spark plugs.

Did a tranny and rear diff flush.  

Oil and filter changed.

Tires rotated.  

Eliminated the exhaust shield rattles.  

Cleaned and un-stuck the pop out cup holder.  

Next will be the speedo cluster lights.  Can't see the speedo at all at night.

inski

Today I fixed the speedo illumination.  Used some back light bulbs from a 98 OBS cluster.  Also, I think I've fixed the EVAP issue.  Changed the gas cap a few days ago and all seems well so far.  Also adjusted the speedo to within 1/2 to 1mph of actual speed.

Now the car is dirty.
default_frown.gif
 Too many trips down Butler Ridge Rd on sloppy days.

i-wagon

Inski....it's butler hill.... and don't rely on bouncing if the snowbaNks anymore. Boy doing anything with this rig or just running it?

inski

The only problem I've ever had with Butler Rd. is a few times the ice was slipperier than it looked.  A few hard pucker moments.  Never tagged a snow bank there.  

The kid says he's going to lift it.  Fart pipe. ebay headers.  The usual stuff.

i-wagon

Sweet....and I'd put the banks on the other side of the ditch on places what looks like shoulder is really an abyss. Get that scooby jacked

Latest posts

Back