One day deal TiC Klunk Killer Bushings. Can be done with hand tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
As most of you know, I am really into suspension/mounts/bushings for these cars.

The TiC Klunk Killer Race kit is on sale for 55 bucks:

http://turninconcepts.com/product_info.php?products_id=24

This can be done with a socket set, and hand tools. The outriggers take 10 minutes, and the diff bushings are an afternoon job.

They are good, not as amazing as the trailing arm bushings, but still great. My rear subframe was making terrible noises until I put mine in.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
how did you get the diff bushings out...drop R subframe and push em out w/hand press, or just go caveman and burn/hack/swear till they come out?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
how did you get the diff bushings out...drop R subframe and push em out w/hand press, or just go caveman and burn/hack/swear till they come out?
 On the GD's, You drop the diff holder. It's a metal plate with two circles. You can take two screwdrivers and twist the bushings out, then insert new bushings and reinsert back into subframe. There are install instructions on TIC's site.

I actually went with the stomp method from the instructions:

Alternate technique 2

Take a big socket and put it on the ground.

Put bushing over socket

Stomp on mount next to bushing

Bushing should pop out and bounce around the garage

Laugh as it bounces around

Repeat for other side
 If you read the instructions it is a simple job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Aaah, on GCs the diff busings are pressed into R subframe and it's a much more involved operation which requires a press and/or cave-man methods.

IBratmanI

Subaru Ambassador- AdidaSubarus
Aaah, on GCs the diff busings are pressed into R subframe and it's a much more involved operation which requires a press and/or cave-man methods.
And on foresters as well. I would have done mine with the other bushings I did, but I had no interest in ripping into those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back