Ooops too loud! Blown speaker replacement options.

Runnah

Well I guess my turning metallica to "11" too often has resulted in one of the back speakers giving up the ghost.

Now I know as much about car audio as I do Micro-economics in Indonesia.

Can someone point me towards decent, cheap speakers that will fit in my car?

I don't need subs, amps or boosters or anything like that.

ps my GF's car has better stereo than mine. ;D

Tony Q

Head over to Circuit City in SoPo and see Mark. He is a friend of mine. He knows his stuff and can get you a deal most likely. Tell him you want to be cheap and see what he can do. Tell him I said Hello!

Good Luck!

Rightseat

check the connexions back there--luggage bumping around in the RS trunk likes to unplug speaker wires.

of course, maybe not hearing metallica at 11 will be good for your hearing long term...
default_smile.png

WRXav8r

I have a set of Boston Acoustics in my garage that you can have Cheap!!! what size do you need.. (I have 2 sets)

Evil Jeff

eBay. I had one door speaker blown on the SVX when I bought it, and got a set of the Panasonic stockers for like $30 shipped. Of course, I ended up buying a whole new system for it during a Mardens fire sale about a month later...which is still sitting in my closet 3yrs later.
default_smile.png
I should really get those things in sometime here now that it's not the daily driver.

Rightseat

Nigel, there is only one way to listen to Metallica...and that's at 11! O0

WHAAAAAAAT??!!

who can argue with logic like that?!

Full Disclosure: those OEM RS speakers were previously damaged by Hendrix, numerous times. it's a miracle they didn't fall out of the car long ago. O0

WRXav8r

don't know what you have in the stock locations but just about any speaker can be "made" to fit in the stock locations without too much work....

WRXav8r

I have to work both days but have time after work on Sunday I get to Bath around 6pm or so... should not take that long to do speakers plan for a couple of hours.

WRXav8r

I work in Portsmouth... I drive through Portland every damn day!!! so either the early morning or late evening.

Latest posts

Back