Open source on my 05 RS

Killerbumblebee

Alright gents,

I know there are some of you out there who are all about the open source. Here is the deal, about 4 months ago I did an engine swap (spun a bearing in the old one) from my 05 to an 06 2.5i engine. everything worked out smoothly, utilizing all of the 05 sensors onto the 05, used the 05 intake, and away I went. Then, about 2 months ago, my front 02 sensor went. Such is life I said, and replaced it. well, it went again, and from doing some research it looks as if the car is running rich. After doing some digging, my hypothesis is that the 06 with the variable valve lift (which is not hooked up or working) has a very different camshaft configuration than the 05 and that the engine is stock tuned for an 05 configuration. I was thinking about getting a tune anyway, but if someone would be willing to give me a hand looking at the code, and see if I can confirm that it is in fact running rich, then go about tuning the thing for the camshafts it has, it would be MOST appreciated. I'm happy to compensate someone for their time and efforts, it's much cheaper than O2 sensors ;-). I'll check this, but feel free to call me 973-525-9146. All the best!

Ben

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back