Outback or Outback sport

Looking for a CHEAP Outback or Outback sport wagon. Must be under 200k miles, automatic and rust free. In need of any mechanical work or minor wreck is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Visonik

Looking for a CHEAP Outback or Outback sport wagon. Must be under 200k miles, automatic and rust free. In need of any mechanical work or minor wreck is ok.
Define mechanical work... I have a 1996 outback with a seized engine. I took out the headlights to sell, but other than that and an alternator it's complete and the body was redone by my uncle and me so there should be no rust. I'd let it go wicked cheap because of the work that needs to be done.

Define mechanical work... I have a 1996 outback with a seized engine. I took out the headlights to sell, but other than that and an alternator it's complete and the body was redone by my uncle and me so there should be no rust. I'd let it go wicked cheap because of the work that needs to be done.
That might work. My GF's parents have a 96 outback that rotted away and is falling apart but runs fine. I could swap the engines.

As long as it's not bondo over rust how much do you want?

Cheap Subaru with no rust and less than 200k?  Sure buddy
That was very helpful, thanks. 
default_additional_unamused.gif

JoshP

They're out there.
Well I usually spend months searching daily before I find a great deal, but it is true they are out there.  I got my 05 Legacy for 700 for instance, with blown motor.  Good luck finding that deal again lol. 

Now willing to spend up to $2500. Will also take a forester. Might consider a high miles car. Still must be rust free and automatic.

Vecken

I have a low mile dohc motor if you can find a clean shell with a seized engine. Often the cheapest route to go for a good car.

SUBARUDE

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/4364535819.html

1996 Subaru Legacy Outback Wagons (TWO) - $1100 (West Gardiner)

TWO identical cars. One has a bad body (accident), but the engine got new head gaskets, timing belt and water pump at 175,579 miles. The odometer is now at 187,950. The other has a good body and a running engine, but I'm told the engine needs to be replaced (Its odometer reads about 184,000). I was planning to move the first engine to the second car, but now I've decided to just buy another car with the insurance money I got from the accident. The photo isn't of either of my cars-just shows what car I'm talking about, since I can't get a decent photo with my camera.

I don't want anything rusty or anything that has had rust repaired. This is for my girlfriend's parents. She's buying them a car and we want something that will last 5-10 years before it rots away, which is a given with them driving it on dirt roads and in the winter. I don't really care about interior condition, mechanical problems or even some accident damage. But I can't buy anything that has even started to rust, the way this will be used it would be full blown rotted out in a year or two.

I've pretty much given up on finding anything in New England. Yesterday we drove 350 miles around Maine and NH looking at cars and every single one less than $3k was rusty. So I've given up on going to look at cars without clear pics. I want to go down south to buy a car and drive it back up, but she still wants to look here. I think it's hopeless. I bought my car from Florida.

injulen

If you have the option to go further south to pick up a car you definitely would find better bodies down there. I wish I had the time to find some older ones to bring up here.

Latest posts

Back