Oxford Motor Mayham

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
While not autox/rallyx, the subtext of this forum says motor sports, so here it is. Sorry it's last minute, I was reminded today when I was bothering Joel at Evergreen.

http://www.oxfordplains.com/raceday_051709.htm

Oxford Plains Motor Speedway

Friday, July 10 Motor Mayhem #1 6:30 p.m.

Front gate admission: Adult, $10; Juniors ages 6-11, $5

Pit: $20 w/license; $25 w/no license.

Front gate opens at 5:30 p.m.

PRACTICE FORMAT

5:00 Pit gate

5:30 Front gate opens

6:15 Vertical Outlaws

6:30 Mayhem begins

RACE FORMAT

Spectator Drags - Run what ya brung. Street legal cars & trucks.

You must have a helmet and seat belt. One lap, winner advances to the next round. $200 to win. $100 second place.

Smokey Donut Show - Burn the rubber off your tires, best smoke show wins! $200 to win. $100 second place.

Tag Team Race - (20 Laps) Tag every 5 laps. Full size cars

$150 to win. $75 second place.

4 Cylinder Enduro (50 to 100 laps)

$500 to win, $200, $100, $50, $50 through top five

8 Cylinder Enduro (50 to 100 laps)

$500 to win, $200, $100, $50, $50 through top five

Transarus - A fire breathing mechanical dinosaur destroys everything in its path!

Trailer Race - $500 to WIN!

- Any car, station wagon or mini-van with a minimum wheelbase of 102 in. may compete (pull the trailer).

- Remove all the glass, headlights and taillights. Chain or weld the

doors closed. (Windshield is optional) you must have working seatbelt and a helmet.

- Must have a real boat trailer 16 feet or larger. No johnboats, or canoes.

- Boat cannot be tied or hard-pointed to the trailer.

- Outboard motors must be removed.

- Inboard Motors Must be drained of all fluids including fuel lines.

- Last vehicle still towing boat wins!
I'll be there cheering on dad in our Mustang in spectator drags. Pits generally aren't worth hanging out in since the stands are short and you can't see much. I'll be in the regular stands, pm me if anyone wants to meet up.
Come hang out for a good night at the track. Trailer racing looks to be awesome, and the Transaurus is fantastic if you bring kids.

Pictures from the Beach Ridge spectator drag to dissuade anyone from showing up and wanting to race in a nice car.

Here we go:
img0931tsc.jpg

img0953b.jpg

img1033g.jpg

img1058b.jpg

img1081w.jpg

img1087u.jpg

img1101z.jpg

img1110h.jpg

img1112z.jpg

img1118.jpg

img1152h.jpg
There should be less carnage since it's at Oxford and they actually make you race clean there.

Redline

Let me get this straight...

There's a race, in which you pull a boat trailer (with boat actually loaded onto it), sans outboard or drained inboard motor (for safety, of course...
default_additional_popcorn.gif
) and you run around the circle track (which is tiny small anyhow) towing said trailer while others are doing the aforementioned. Last one to have a boat still on their trailer, trailer hitched to vehicle and vehicle still running... wins.

Okay. I am from Maine, and I love Maine... and I want to move back to Maine...

But seriously? This is too redneck. Wayyy too redneck.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
waaal DAD-gum! thet there is sum eskellent racin.

whuuut, no skool bus racin?? whut about a skool bus trailer towin boat burnin smokey donut division?

ya dang chickens. buck-buck-bOOOOck!
default_smile.png

got tickets for Blues Fest in Rockland, otherwise I'd be up to Oxford pedalin a skool bus lit on fire.
default_additional_popcorn.gif
default_biggrin.png
:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:

ChadSRT

i might go but dont think i will be racing my car since i had to get my car towed home today cause i blew a fuel line:mad:

topdeeni

I was at the NB place right next to it the other day... some guy was practicing all the way up to when he practiced spinning out... at least by what I could hear.

Oh yeah... lets all take our subies out and bang... right away top of my list...hahaha!

I would love to drag my car and see how kwik it is.... I would hate to twist, bend, break or melt anything on my car finding out how kwik it is. The other issue is I just hate starting from a dead start... I Can admit I am crappy with my clutch for fear of breaking things on either side of it...Everytime something breaks it is soooooo dammm $$$$$ that I am now paranoid..... I Would rather wear out my clutch instead of twisting one of the aftermarket driveshafts......

here we go... who wants to thrash my car?

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Just got back, was a good time. Mustang needs more money thrown at it to win, as usual. Tag team race was interesting enough. Enduro was spiced up with tire obstacles and water hazards. We bounced before the transaurus.

i will be in the burn out contest.. should be a good time!
You looked sweet out there, blowing the tires out was sick. I have all of the burnout competition on video so if you're interested I'll throw together a quick compilation of your cars runs.

b13-t

yeah, that would be cool! spectator drags were cool, but beech ridge was better.. as for the burnout contest, i had no idea what the format or rules were, and neither did the staff.. very unorganized. i also learned that people like tight donuts which my grandma could do, boring, and they like v8's, not 4 bangers lol.. and yes, at least i persuaded the guy to let me destroy my tires for the crowd, i just need to not rip the ebrake when i dump the clutch! lmao.. i wont be back for the next one, but it was still kinda fun and the other competitors were cool and all complimented my car and it being something different for once.. lets see some video!

topdeeni

Just got back, was a good time. Mustang needs more money thrown at it to win, as usual. Tag team race was interesting enough. Enduro was spiced up with tire obstacles and water hazards. We bounced before the transaurus.

You looked sweet out there, blowing the tires out was sick. I have all of the burnout competition on video so if you're interested I'll throw together a quick compilation of your cars runs.
U tewb the vid...

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
yeah, that would be cool! spectator drags were cool, but beech ridge was better.. as for the burnout contest, i had no idea what the format or rules were, and neither did the staff.. very unorganized. i also learned that people like tight donuts which my grandma could do, boring, and they like v8's, not 4 bangers lol.. and yes, at least i persuaded the guy to let me destroy my tires for the crowd, i just need to not rip the ebrake when i dump the clutch! lmao.. i wont be back for the next one, but it was still kinda fun and the other competitors were cool and all complimented my car and it being something different for once.. lets see some video!
Yes, people like flashy cars a lot, basically a popularity contest. I was surprised the JC Whitney edition blue mustang didn't win. Some guy used to show up in a brand new mustang and win a few years back.

If you were serious about winning you'd need a dixie horn and a pair of these:

I'll get cracking on the video today, still gotta dump it off my camera and edit it.

topdeeni

HAHAHAHA... nice vid! Wonder if U took puit red tired on the front, blue on the back and tied my STi to a tree....

The only smoke show I have seen better than that was an old dodge dart with a 225 slant six. Dude parked it against a phone pole and stepped on it until the tires smoked... he then roasted the rubber all the way down to the metal rims, shot some sparks and stopped before he lit a fire. Best thing was after the smoke cleared the cruiser slowly became visible that had parked about 30 feet behind just watching and waiting for their opportunity.

I was but a teenager back then... before the days of picture phones and portable digital audio/video capture devices.. About the only thing I have is the drunken memory of it

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Spent the morning reformatting the sisters computer. I dumped the clips down but my editor is crapping all over itself. I'm uploading the raw clips to my storage account, they'll be ready to download when I get home from work tonight.

Night time edit:

Back from work, video files uploaded.

First Run

Second Run

Judging

Tire Killing

If the files don't work for you, you can download media player classic for free and play them with that.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Bumping an old thread I know. I finally got some free time to get my editor computer fixed. Put together a video of Justin's smokey donut runs. Took forever to upload, thanks youtube!

Latest posts

Back