Painted lids and grille

LGHT SBR

Finally had the eyelids I tried to paint myself(failed)and the grille I've been using unpainted for a while. The paint match in seriously close, I think I really got lucky here. The 3 stage paint is suppose to be hard to match, but I still tried it. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

h8cRLl.jpg

aoDpzl.jpg

yes that's a silver Leggy behind me!

9RtKQl.jpg

f3VPNl.jpg

Grille> $120

Eyelids> $100

Paint> $185

LGHT SBR

you HAVE to do the lip next! looks great
Thanks guys

I'm not sure what I wanna do with the lip. I can't help hitting it every once in a while, which would just ruin a paint job. It's not your "high quality" type of lip and I'm not sure if its worth painting. It's probably just time to spend the money on a better one.

LGHT SBR

Paint matched lips are no bueno.

I agree with you, but it is a matter of a opinion. I think I may spray it black this spring/summer to clean it up a bit. It has faded some and looks out of place with the shiny white.

Last edited by a moderator:

LGHT SBR

I've even had thoughts of copying this look with the paint up into the bottom section of the OEM lip/bumper.

vvPb7.jpg

Mark

plastidip holds up okay on interior bits, but I can't see it holding up to being pounded on a daily basis on the nose of your car

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
heat gun works even on plastic covers on bumpers.

185 for paint must have been the real thing..and you'll know after one season if you have the real thing.

..and take a heat gun to the bits you painted, can do it anytime within first years of it..about 140F, 20 minutes or so...another world of real paint. it's a long lasting surprise.

Latest posts

Back