painted stock 6 spokes for winter

prez25rs

vbgarage.php

mikebike357

Looks good! Did you paint the rims w/ the tires mounted? I'm pondering painting my winter steelies. They're silver and match the car and I don't really like that look. I'm thinkin' BLACK would be the hawtnezz for my snowshoes.

C

chris

I like the 6 spokes a lot. Best Scooby wheel IMHO. Rugged, sharp lookin, cheap and available, and always look good when painted chromed or polished.

8) looks good on the red RS.

prez25rs

thx for the compliments 8)

yeah i painted them after those manly snow tires were mounted. it wasnt hard and im not a DIY master
default_wink.png
just cleaned em up real good, taped the tire, sprayed 3 coats of paint waiting about 10 mins in between coats. 2 coats of clear and done. they'll prob chip this winter but i can just spray em again next year.

im liking the 6 spokes more and more, actually more than the 17" gunmetals i had on before. the wheel design of the 17s isn't the best IMO

prez25rs

haha our cars are twins! ya painted side skirts look so good on RS's.

what other mods you got?

maybe we should have a SRP sedan with coupe wing party haha.

DCG

Not too many mods;

FHI 18mm rear swaybar, skidplate, and just some cosmetic stuff like big ol' mudflaps, SRP-painted bumper vents, and mesh fog covers.

prez25rs

do you have a pic of your front end straight on? i wanna see those fog covers. i was thinking maybe v6 fog covers for summer and no covers in winter, cuz they are nice during snow and crap weather. but ive seen some mesh ones and they are kinda cool.

DCG

Here's what the covers look like really dirty ;D

You can see that the bumper skin is fading a little differently from the rest of the paint, so the color match isn't perfect anymore. When I first painted the covers, I used a really cheap clearcoat from WalMart, and after 1 season of being hit with road debris, they needed to be repainted. This time I used the Duplicolor wheel clearcoat and it's held up pretty well.

prez25rs

those look pretty nice, now i just need your address so i can come steal them 8)

where did you get the SRP paint?

Latest posts

Back