PARTS INTERCHANGE ????

Brett Wilkerson

I have a 2002 impreza 2.5 rs.....im wanting to turbo it and make a nice daily driving sleeper......a friend of mine has an 04 sti that's fully built and is gonna sell me all his facotry turbo stuff headers turbo up pipe down pipe...all that plus a front mount intercooler........im wondering if those headers and stuff will fit my sohc 2.5 since his is dohc if anyone knows about this please let me know I cant find anything on it.

ResizedImage_1331267550259.jpg

GREASEMONKEY

--Powered By A.D.H.D.--
yes will bolt up but that's just the tip of the ice burg for this build.......its a lot more complicated then just putting a turbo on...step1..... tons of research.... step 2.... money.....

please some one link some build threads... my computer is craping out or I would

its doable... but is a very involved build

good luck man id love to see it done

i-wagon

I'd thought about going that route. Need oiL lines, engine management lots of money and be ready to blow it up, the internals won't handle much boost. And that's just the stuff I can think of. meyagi built a turbo off a na, he can enlighten you

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Unless you have all the parts laying around in your garage, a spare block when you blow yours up, etc. It would be cheaper to sell that and get one that come from the factory with a turbo.

The 2.5 has a hard time lasting very well in NA form....

Meyagi

I'm a hack
not to sound like I dick, but if your asking questions like that, you are not ready to try to turbo your own car. You have many many hours of reading and searching ahead of you.... or like chris said, buy one that's already turbo.

2point5RS_Dan

HATER DAN
Let me into this dogpile.

To boil down what mike said. "if you have to ask, the answer is no".

Basically, start your reading here: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f7/t3541-official-I-want-turbo-my-2-5-thread.html

The "I want to turbo my RS thead".

The problem is you get to pick two: cheap, reliable, powerful

Honestly, I have two paths of advice. Learn to drive what you have faster. Autocross, rallycross, have fun. OR, sell it and get a turbo car. I have a 2002 RS and I'm going the first option. I've pooped on STi's at autocross and hopefully soon to be rallycross, it's not about what you drive, it's how you drive it. This is a very unpopular opinion and people get butthurt every time I post it, but it's the truth.

A well driven miata is a faster then a poorly driven gt500....

abenson100

I recently turbo'd what was left of my RS (blew up the 2.5) and built a franken motor out of spare parts. it took me 6 months to finish, and im a mechanical engineering student with training as an auto technician.

RS-T's are completely doable but your in for a long trying road.

a couple of the issues you haven't seen yet:

need to notch or replace the front x-member to fit the up pipe

clearance issues between the up pipe/turbo and the back of the head

feeding oil and coolant to the turbo

extra strain on the rad from turbo heat

engine management

........ (this is off the top of my head)

really for what it cost to build an RS-T now you can do a WRX swap and have turn-key reliable power

if your still interested in fitting a turbo in your car after what everyone has said feel free to pm me with any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

YARRR SUBY MONSTER!!
Just because it CAN be done, doesn't mean it SHOULD be done
default_tongue.png

Latest posts

Back