pastrana bored of turning left already?

jbskidude

Entry list for 100 Acre Wood shows travis pastrana entered this weekend in a 2007 sti.. He must be bored with turning left already! I saw this coming!

ReZPunK

don't read too much into it, they are claiming its a one off event for this season and he may not even be there.

I don't understand the hate these guys take for doing what it takes to pay some bills. it may be boring to watch but I bet its a complete blast to drive. 180+mph 2 inches off the bumper..or push pull drafting on some tracks...I bet its intense.

if I could get paid to drive a car around an oval, I would do it in an instant.

boxer3main

<1.8 liter
probably getting paid for something..

if nascar is boring, you have never done over 90mph.

continue sit back in your overbreathing four banger and snappy twack though the trees with a bad speedometer.
default_cool.png

4000 pounds at 130 is hair raising enough..the real 130, and the real 4000 pounds holding you to earth.

the fuel injecteds being such a goofy unpredicatable should make nascar some crazy dynamical for times to come. I look forward to it.

I am the dweeb who had a black 5.7 liter monte carlo SS, as a fan boy. If you think subes are powerful. oh man, you guys need a rude awakening.

there is n/a v8s 3 times over a sube from 0 rpm to 8000. comeon now. nascar is just going to step up a bit crazier if opinions are too negative. Who here is old enough to remember 205mph laps? live death on tv?

Rallytech14

in my opinion that means; fun to drive and participate in. but still slightly boring to watch on TV. Regardless these guys still deserve credit and respect for what they do.

02 WRX Chris

You guys realize that the nascar race that he was in was today.....so that gives him enough time to do his rally thing. If yall "Hate" nascar, then stop posting this POOP. He gonna do what he wants to do.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
Travis just plain n simple loves rally, so quit hating on the dood already. He's coming to 100AW to bomb around in the woods on his own dime, what more dedication do ya want?

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
probably getting paid for something..

if nascar is boring, you have never done over 90mph.

continue sit back in your overbreathing four banger and snappy twack though the trees with a bad speedometer.
default_cool.png

4000 pounds at 130 is hair raising enough..the real 130, and the real 4000 pounds holding you to earth.

the fuel injecteds being such a goofy unpredicatable should make nascar some crazy dynamical for times to come. I look forward to it.

I am the dweeb who had a black 5.7 liter monte carlo SS, as a fan boy. If you think subes are powerful. oh man, you guys need a rude awakening.

there is n/a v8s 3 times over a sube from 0 rpm to 8000. comeon now. nascar is just going to step up a bit crazier if opinions are too negative. Who here is old enough to remember 205mph laps? live death on tv?

What year SS did the 5.7l come in? can't seem to find a refrence. oooh.. it didn't?

And I have driven a winston cup car. 130mph is about the exiting equivilant of 60mph on a midwest highway. so quit selling your crazy here. we have enough already.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
Walt Disney World Speedway.

It was a fun time. I was 16 or 17, set the fastest time of the day, and prior to that all the old fat bastards were giving me POOP because I was young and did things like AutoX/RallyX/Rally; they all did all did homegrown you got a purdy mouf roundy round racing.
default_dry.png

02 WRX Chris

eh...I dunno if you call that a true Nascar stock car. Seems like it might be a Richard Petty racing deal which are close but not exactly the same. Still pretty cool to do 130MPH in a car that isn't in a straight line all the time.

Nigel Prodrive

Dirt surfer
waaal, ole TP done wrecked out 3 turns into first proper stage...heh it wuz a left turn, guess ther werent enuff bankin for the boy!

COSTIGAN86

No Monte SS came with a 5.7, they were 5.0HOs. Nascar is a hick sport, but have you ever been to a race? What other professional sporting event can you bring your own rolling cooler full of beer? I have been to Loudon for races a few times and it is a blast. Driving NASCAR would be great, but it is usually boring to watch. Most people get into roundy round racing because it is cheap and easy (little/big enduro, Speedway95). We don't have a road course nearby, and drag racing isn't that exciting. Imagine if we had Lime Rock or Road Atlanta. ALL of my money would be going into an LSx-powered car. I would eat mac and cheese and live with my parents until they kicked me out.

Pedro

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
eh...I dunno if you call that a true Nascar stock car. Seems like it might be a Richard Petty racing deal which are close but not exactly the same. Still pretty cool to do 130MPH in a car that isn't in a straight line all the time.
When I did the Rpetty driving experience they were spec'ed out Winston cup cars. Keep in mind the time I described above was back when you were still studying to master the potty.

Matt

Lol....I still like racing regardless. It's competition, engineering and going fast. All I need.

HR radness

His royal radness
When I did the Rpetty driving experience they were spec'ed out Winston cup cars. Keep in mind the time I described above was back when you were still studying to master the potty.

I love it! He's an old man before he's thirty!!

Redneck roundy roundy racin is soooooo boring, all other forms of motorsport are more interesting and exciting. Hell NASCAR could have gone a different direction..them duke boys always raced offroad!

The Dukes ran moonshine... And the NASCAR guys need their credit. Have you ever listened to the radio... 200 mph inches from the guy in front talking calm. Its racing, it takes talent and many couldn't last the amount of time a race goes for. Except the baja and dakar guys. Robby Gordon proves that one, but he causes accidents left and right.

Latest posts

Back